Is it wrong? (music question)



  • <FONT size=1>

    Is it wrong to buy music cds based upon what their cover looks like? Let me explain. By now all of you know that I am very interested in learning about other cultures, nationalities, etc. Well, when you don't know a country's language and say you want to sample some of that country's music, where do you begin? If you search online you will find foreign CDs and their CD covers are clearly visible. You take a look and lo and behold there are several with pictures of scantily-clad women on the covers. How much more likely are you (men at least) to listen to the demo music with a cover like that?

    Needless to say, I am guilty of this myself. I am currently considering purchasing some foreign CDs simply because the women look "hot" on the covers. Is this so wrong?

    </FONT>


  • Just so you don't think I'm a pervert, check out this website. It will explain everything. Browse through all 10 pages of "pop-folk" cds and you will get the picture...literally.

    Some of these cd covers make you stop and say...oh...my...goodness.

    It really makes me wonder if all Bulgarian women look like that.



  • Dunno all the Bulgarian women I've seen are short, stubby, don't shave
    their legs and should shave their face. But I might go on holliday to
    Bulgaria this summer so I'll let you know[:)]



  • <FONT size=1>On that website I mentioned there are sample video clips. It really put things in perspective for me. The U.S. is always blamed for selling so much sex in videos and music, but if you watch some of these Bulgarian videos...well, let's just say that it takes the concept to a whole new level. Bulgaria makes Spears and Aguilera look like amateurs.</FONT>



  • @F8less said:

    Dunno all the Bulgarian women I've seen are short, stubby, don't shave their legs and should shave their face.

    Um...I hate to break the news to you...but those were men. [:$]



  • When was the last time you purchased a Bulgarian music CD?



  • It appears that I am alone in my obsession with Bulgarian CDs.



  • My wife chooses wine by the label, if it has a cute animal on it 95% of the time she'll buy it :D



  • THAT would worry me. I mean, does the picture indicate the ingredient(s) or the intended drinker(s)?



  • @blowdart said:

    My wife chooses wine by the label, if it has a cute animal on it 95% of the time she'll buy it :D

    Hey...was that a shot? [:P]



  • Tell you the truth, I didn't think they were that hot.  Of course I'm at work now and not at liberty to browse freely.  [6]  I thought Bulgarians were kind of like gypsies and Rumanians, still white, but dark and sultry.  Ooolalah.  But it's also true that some of the most beautiful women, when old, grow mustaches and end up shaped like a bowling ball. 

    completely off topic, but the Bulgarian volleyball team kicked butt in the '96 Olympics.  they triumphed over the favorite, Brazil. 



  • @aogilmor said:

    But it's also true that some of the most beautiful women, when old, grow mustaches and end up shaped like a bowling ball.

    That's part of their charm, no?



  • @CPound said:

     aogilmor wrote:
    But it's also true that some of the most beautiful women, when old, grow mustaches and end up shaped like a bowling ball.

    That's part of their charm, no?

    I'll tell you a little secret... All women have mustaches and hair on many other places but hey... Most of us have learned to wax those places that have too much hair.



  • @CPound said:

    Is it wrong to buy music cds based upon what their
    cover looks like?
    Guess it may surprise you that cover art has
    no true impact on the quality of music within.



    "Never judge a book by its cover."

    <font size="1"></font>



  • @icelava said:

    Guess it may surprise you that cover art has no true impact on the quality of music within.

    "Never judge a book by its cover."
    <FONT size=1></FONT>

    Well, when I received my CDs and I heard the heavy breathing and moaning...I guess in this case you can judge them by their covers.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.