Please disregard this WTF



  • My first WTF.

    Signed up for a SharePoint group and received this email. Not surprisingly, clicking on the second link resulted in an error...

    Yes, the real WTF is probably SharePoint...

    ----------------------------------

    Welcome to the 'Redacted' SharePoint group. Redacted has added you to the 'Redacted group for this SharePoint site.

    Please disregard the second link

    As a member of this SharePoint group, you can:

    * Participate in the SharePoint site at: [link1]
    * View the group home page at: [link2]


    What is a SharePoint site?

    A SharePoint site is a Web site that provides a central storage and collaboration space for documents, information, and ideas. A SharePoint site is a tool for collaboration, just like a telephone is a tool for communication, or a meeting is a tool for decision making. A SharePoint site helps groups of people (whether work teams or social groups) share information and work together. For example, a SharePoint site can help you:

    * Coordinate projects, calendars, and schedules.
    * Discuss ideas and review documents or proposals.
    * Share information and keep in touch with other people.

    SharePoint sites are dynamic and interactive -- members of the site can contribute their own ideas and content as well as comment on or contribute to other people's. 



  • @ericmorton said:

    My first WTF.

    ;-)  It kinda shows... please don't be discouraged though.

    I don't think most people would call this a WTF.  It's pretty immediately obvious that SharePoint groups have an optional "home page" of some sort, independent of the actual group website that serves as the central distribution point, and that there is a blank template field in the "welcome to group X" email which can be filled in with a description of the group, and which the admin has used here to let you know that he hasn't bothered to set up the optional home page, since the mailmerge probably doesn't bother to look up the URLs and check they're live before pasting them into the welcome email, they're presumably just automatically-derived URI paths.




  • @DaveK said:

    ... please don't be discouraged though.

    Fuck you, Dave, I want him to be discouraged.  I want him to be so discouraged he can't leave his bed in the morning and eventually dies in his bed and his bowels release all over the mattress and that's how the police find him months later.



  •  @morbiuswilters said:

    @DaveK said:

    ... please don't be discouraged though.

    Fuck you, Dave, I want him to be discouraged.  I want him to be so discouraged he can't leave his bed in the morning and eventually dies in his bed and his bowels release all over the mattress and that's how the police find him months later.

    Did someone pee in your coffee today?



  • @DescentJS said:

     @morbiuswilters said:

    @DaveK said:

    ... please don't be discouraged though.

    Fuck you, Dave, I want him to be discouraged.  I want him to be so discouraged he can't leave his bed in the morning and eventually dies in his bed and his bowels release all over the mattress and that's how the police find him months later.

    Did someone pee in your coffee today?

    The original meme is "Who pissed in your Wheaties?"...  but Morbs is always this grouchy, so I don't suppose it applies.  It's just not conceivable that one man could get that much piss in that many wheaties, every single day, day in and day out, month after month, year after year...



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Fuck you, Dave. 
     

    I'm banning him for that post.



  • @ericmorton said:

    My first WTF.

    Signed up for a SharePoint group and received this email.
    [... snip ...]

    ahahaha.



    Sharepoint is one of the necessary evils I have to work with and have an odd love-hate relationship with. Ugh, I hate to admit it but I have to fess up the damned thing gets under your skin.



    One of its real WTFs is that whenever you add users to a group it leaves the box checked by default to spam them with a welcome message like the one you got. So in my early days with it I spammed three heads of department. My co-worker spammed a few all staff lists using it (by mistake) so we nicknamed this lovely 'feature' after him.



    The other WTF with Sharepoint is that you can blow away entire sites or site collections from its web interface, without even having to get to Central Administration. Which I did by hitting Back a few too many times and not reading what I was deleting. Fortunately the site collection at that stage was empty and thank fuck for Commvault...



  • @DaveK said:

    @DescentJS said:

     @morbiuswilters said:

    @DaveK said:

    ... please don't be discouraged though.

    Fuck you, Dave, I want him to be discouraged.  I want him to be so discouraged he can't leave his bed in the morning and eventually dies in his bed and his bowels release all over the mattress and that's how the police find him months later.

    Did someone pee in your coffee today?

    The original meme is "Who pissed in your Wheaties?"...  but Morbs is always this grouchy, so I don't suppose it applies.  It's just not conceivable that one man could get that much piss in that many wheaties, every single day, day in and day out, month after month, year after year...

     

    Maybe Morbius was a police man once?



  • @DaveK said:

    @DescentJS said:

     @morbiuswilters said:

    @DaveK said:

    ... please don't be discouraged though.

    Fuck you, Dave, I want him to be discouraged.  I want him to be so discouraged he can't leave his bed in the morning and eventually dies in his bed and his bowels release all over the mattress and that's how the police find him months later.

    Did someone pee in your coffee today?

    The original meme is "Who pissed in your Wheaties?"...  but Morbs is always this grouchy, so I don't suppose it applies.  It's just not conceivable that one man could get that much piss in that many wheaties, every single day, day in and day out, month after month, year after year...

     

     Perhaps it's an entire platoon of Wheaties pissers specifically dedicated just to Morbs.



  • @DescentJS said:

    @DaveK said:

    @DescentJS said:

     @morbiuswilters said:

    @DaveK said:

    ... please don't be discouraged though.

    Fuck you, Dave, I want him to be discouraged.  I want him to be so discouraged he can't leave his bed in the morning and eventually dies in his bed and his bowels release all over the mattress and that's how the police find him months later.

    Did someone pee in your coffee today?

    The original meme is "Who pissed in your Wheaties?"...  but Morbs is always this grouchy, so I don't suppose it applies.  It's just not conceivable that one man could get that much piss in that many wheaties, every single day, day in and day out, month after month, year after year...

     

     Perhaps it's an entire platoon of Wheaties pissers specifically dedicated just to Morbs.

    Maybe it's a small team of Piss Ninjas who use their stealth powers to sneak up on his Wheaties undetected, even when he's in the middle of eating them? 

    Or maybe it's just haemorrhoids. 



  • @DaveK said:

    @DescentJS said:

    @DaveK said:

    @DescentJS said:

     @morbiuswilters said:

    @DaveK said:

    ... please don't be discouraged though.

    Fuck you, Dave, I want him to be discouraged.  I want him to be so discouraged he can't leave his bed in the morning and eventually dies in his bed and his bowels release all over the mattress and that's how the police find him months later.

    Did someone pee in your coffee today?

    The original meme is "Who pissed in your Wheaties?"...  but Morbs is always this grouchy, so I don't suppose it applies.  It's just not conceivable that one man could get that much piss in that many wheaties, every single day, day in and day out, month after month, year after year...

     

     Perhaps it's an entire platoon of Wheaties pissers specifically dedicated just to Morbs.

    Maybe it's a small team of Piss Ninjas who use their stealth powers to sneak up on his Wheaties undetected, even when he's in the middle of eating them? 

    Or maybe it's just haemorrhoids. 

    Nah, too easy, it's got to be a team of cyborgs sent from the future.



  • @dhromed said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Fuck you, Dave. 
     

    I'm banning him for that post.

    I'm banning your mom from my wang.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @dhromed said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Fuck you, Dave. 
     

    I'm banning him for that post.

    I'm banning your mom from my wang.

    His mom upgraded to a modern PC years ago, I'm sure she has no further need for your Wang and its tiny five-inch floppy. 



  • @DaveK said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    @dhromed said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Fuck you, Dave. 
     

    I'm banning him for that post.

    I'm banning your mom from my wang.

    His mom upgraded to a modern PC years ago, I'm sure she has no further need for your Wang and its tiny five-inch floppy. 

    I don't think so, chief.  I'm not clicking on any link with the phrase "wang museum" in it.



  • @bstorer said:

    I don't think so, chief.  I'm not clicking on any link with the phrase "wang museum" in it.

    Got burned one too many times by albums of computer photos to get your hopes up again, eh?



  • @bstorer said:

    @DaveK said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    @dhromed said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Fuck you, Dave. 
     

    I'm banning him for that post.

    I'm banning your mom from my wang.

    His mom upgraded to a modern PC years ago, I'm sure she has no further need for your Wang and its tiny five-inch floppy. 

    I don't think so, chief.  I'm not clicking on any link with the phrase "wang museum" in it.
    Don't worry, it's only a small one!



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @bstorer said:

    I don't think so, chief.  I'm not clicking on any link with the phrase "wang museum" in it.

    Got burned one too many times by albums of computer photos to get your hopes up again, eh?

    No.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.