EBay: Yes or LOW Density?

•  

I got this while listing some RAM on eBay. I'm not really sure how to answer it. I was leaning towards "enter your own", then filling it with several megabytes of nonsense, but I decided to leave it blank.

(TRWTF: These categories appear to be user-defined.)

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

It kind of makes sense - low density RAM is oldschool stuff typically found in servers (because back then desktops were happy with 32mb, but it wasn't uncommon to need to stick 512mb or more in a server), and because 512mb of RAM in the form factor of a 32mb stick would have cost more than a house at that time, you had low density RAM - and the cards were occasionally gargantuan, but comparatively inexpensive. So it's either low density, or it's desktop RAM. Never both.

Mind you,you can also have high-density server RAM, or just plain server RAM. So the question is what's dumb, rather than the answers.

• In all fairness the RAM was 152MB of SIMMs. Also there were categories for both "Pins" and "Number of pins".

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.