Bought a new car, is the universe telling me something?



  •  This was a government-issued standard number plate.

     

    I don't think I'll be keeping it for the long term, since this car is destined for my pregnant wife. (Blame the image quality on my crappy phone camera and the bright sun)



  •  Oh, I get it.  It's funny because you can't read the phrase "Sunshine State" due to all the sunshine.



  • Uhh, what part of "775 LUT" implies "temporary"?

    Not getting it...



  • do you routinely call your wife a 5LUT?



  • @DescentJS said:

    do you routinely call your wife a 5LUT?

     

    When I saw the car it had different plates on it, and I was told it should be keeping them, but then the owners changed their mind... (I bought it from a consignment car dealer) The one in the photo was the one that they happened to get from the Department of Transport (which is the WTF - they've blocked other number/letter combinations).



  •  My wife was a little disappointed it wasn't 695LUT...



  • @Zemm said:

    My wife was a little disappointed it wasn't 695LUT...




    why ? was she is born in '69 ?




  • If she was, then she's too old to b a 5LUT

    Get me an 89 model anyday.

    BTW - is the OP's plate for sale?



  •  What state is the "Sunshine State" in question, anyway?  It certainly doesn't look like a Florida license plate.  I guess some state of a different country altogether uses the same label?

     



  • @dtobias said:

     What state is the "Sunshine State" in question, anyway?

    This.



  • @dtobias said:

    What state is the "Sunshine State" in question, anyway?  It certainly doesn't look like a Florida license plate.  I guess some state of a different country altogether uses the same label?
    You seem to have missed that Zemm lives in Gold Coast, Australia.

    Also that he is a puppet, and loves to scream about how much mail he has.



  • A friend of mine got the government-issued plate LUV 34D. He said it perfectly expressed his taste in women.



  • @zedhex said:

    is the OP's plate for sale?
     

    I've looked into the legalities of that: the only way to transfer the plate without a car is to "personalise" it, which costs $AU395. I could sell it on a car (I do have a 1998 Ford Falcon for sale) but then I'd need to make sure the car is "roadworthy" which the Falcon would cost me too much to get the certificate.



  •  Recently, cars around here started popping up with three-letter prefixes like MEH, EHH, and BAH. Apparently someone at the DMV is feeling unenthusiastic. What did I get? 'DUU'.



  •  Ohh, it's a slut joke. I thought it had something to do with chmod 775.



  • @Ren said:

     Ohh, it's a slut joke. I thought it had something to do with chmod 775.

     

    It does: full access to the owner, full access to the group and everybody can access and execute.  Sounds like a slut to me.



  •  You bought a new car with a trailer hitch?  Moving the house?

     

     



  • @amischiefr said:

    @Ren said:

     Ohh, it's a slut joke. I thought it had something to do with chmod 775.

     

    It does: full access to the owner, full access to the group and everybody can access and execute.  Sounds like a slut to me.

    Thanks. Now I have to find a way of cleaning my monitor so that all the Coke is removed...



  • @El_Heffe said:

     You bought a new car with a trailer hitch?  Moving the house?

     

     

    It was for demonstration purposes.  Looks like the chrome has already been sucked clean.



  • @cconroy said:

    @El_Heffe said:

     You bought a new car with a trailer hitch?  Moving the house?

     

     

    It was for demonstration purposes.  Looks like the chrome has already been sucked clean.

     

    I'm not getting the reference.

    On the Gold Coast you tow a boat!



  • @Zemm said:

    @cconroy said:

    @El_Heffe said:

     You bought a new car with a trailer hitch?  Moving the house?

     

     

    It was for demonstration purposes.  Looks like the chrome has already been sucked clean.

     

    I'm not getting the reference.

    On the Gold Coast you tow a boat!

     

    There is a similar expression involving a golf ball and a garden hose.  If that doesn't help, try Google  ("suck chrome trailer hitch" should do it, but I'm not about to attempt it at work).  IIRC there was a scene in the movie BASEketball with Jenny McCarthy that referenced this as well.



  • @tdittmar said:

    Now I have to find a way of cleaning this hooker's ass so that all the Coke is removed...
    FTFY and I have a few ideas.  Got a straw?



  • @cconroy said:

    There is a similar expression involving a golf ball and a garden hose.  If that doesn't help, try Google  ("suck chrome trailer hitch" should do it, but I'm not about to attempt it at work).  IIRC there was a scene in the movie BASEketball with Jenny McCarthy that referenced this as well.
    Also "suck start a Harley".



  • @Ren said:

     Ohh, it's a slut joke. I thought it had something to do with chmod 775.

    My thoughts exactly.  That I saw the 775 before the 5LUT says something about how my brain works.



  •  FWIW I've now changed the plates (the same numbers/letters as my first car I got in 1998), so I can go back into anonymity...


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.