You may consider using IE6 to complete your transaction

•  So I finally get an upgrade from IE6 at work, and find out that Nabble IS actually usable when you're not lumbered with a brain-dead browser. 

Then I try to do some shopping from my home computer and encounter this:

Sadly I do actually want to order something from this company, so I think I'll end up doing it by phone ...

•  This kind of thing makes me think Your goddamn apology is no good here.

•  What happens if you UA-spoof? I always find it amusing how many "IE-only" sites work just fine in Firefox if they don't know it's Firefox.

And then you run into the websites that have no idea that browsers other than IE exist and hop back and forth between JavaScript and VBScript more often than a relay with its trip leads connected to AC. The end result of pointing Firefox at such a page ranges from hilarious to server-breaking.

• @roothorick said:

from hilarious to server-breaking.

These things are not necessarily mutually exclusive,

• @roothorick said:

What happens if you UA-spoof? I always find it amusing how many "IE-only" sites work just fine in Firefox if they don't know it's Firefox.

Don't know, though I tried adding something to cart in FF, and it just gave me a blank cart and a "sorry, there's been an error" popup.

Curious, I started following the trail: the bottom of the page says "powered by SnapShopPro", which leads to visicomscientific.com. The front page didn't have SnapShopPro listed, so I went to their products page, which suggests there isn't much hope for getting their cart out of IE6 requirement any time soon...

http://www.spinnwebe.com/temp/visicom.jpg

Incidentally, Safari doesn't even get a warning, though the error's the same. I guess when they wrote this, they didn't even know Safari existed.