Buzzword cross-over FAIL

• http://www.itransplant.com

The link above says it all, really.  A website about organ & tissue transplants called itransplant. (The buzzword, of course, is adding the 'i' to the beginning of any word to make it sound cool).

•  And what a hideous website it is, too.  Who needs to learn about anti-aliasing?

• I'm guessing transplant.com was taken (there's a squatter site on it right now) and they didn't feel like paying money to the extortioners previous owners.

• The "i" supposedly stands for Internet. And it's a Web site. On the Internet. In a lot of ways, it's like the pointless 'www.' prefix that so many Web sites use, referring to the World Wide Web, originally used to allow different servers to be used for different services below the site's primary domain name.

By using both the 'www.' and 'i', they reaffirm that they are both on the World Wide Web, and on the Internet at the same time. It's lucky they made that clear, cos otherwise we'd have thunk it was a Word document on our own computers.

Actually, they should have gone the whole hog, and added 'online' at the end (like www.queenonline.com - cos www.queen.com was taken by a transvestite site). Then they could have had www.itransplantonline.com and removed all doubt.

• @TarquinWJ said:

Actually, they should have gone the whole hog, and added 'online' at the end (like www.queenonline.com - cos www.queen.com was taken by a transvestite site). Then they could have had www.itransplantonline.com and removed all doubt.
    Oh, and plus the idea of having an online transplant sounds like a great twist.

• Okay, but to be fair, this is clearly not a completed website. Look at the text in the left column, for example! Maybe just someone's rough sketch.

• @campkev said:

I'm guessing transplant.com was taken (there's a squatter site on it right now) and they didn't feel like paying money to the extortioners previous owners.

@gramie said:

Okay, but to be fair, this is clearly not a completed website. Look at the text in the left column, for example! Maybe just someone's rough sketch.

Looks to me like the sole purpose of the site is to publicise the links on the right-hand side that all have affiliate IDs in them.

• @campkev said:

I'm guessing transplant.com was taken (there's a squatter site on it right now) and they didn't feel like paying money to the extortioners previous owners.

Or perhaps eyetransplant.com was taken?

• @TGV said:

@campkev said:

WIN

• @TGV said:

@campkev said:

I just checked, eyetransplant.com is taken.  Luckily, whois.net has lots of useful alternative suggestions.  I'm partial to eyegraft.com, myself.

• @bstorer said:

I just checked, eyetransplant.com is taken.  Luckily, whois.net has lots of useful alternative suggestions.  I'm partial to eyegraft.com, myself.
    I didn't see that one listed there. Maybe it's already been taken?

Anyway, any of the eyeuproot domains sounds much better to me.

• @Zecc said:

Anyway, any of the eyeuproot domains sounds much better to me.

You crack me up so, you TDWTF Forums you. Here you go.

•  They're not affiliate links, just DotNetNuke's way of redirecting you--tracking, I suppose. My state's virtual school program (a WTF-inducing experience, but that's another story) uses them but also for internal links: http://www.gavirtualschool.org/

The real WTF is why anyone would bother installing a CMS for just a few simple links, and an unfinished about page...

•  My favorite part would have to be the text to the left, which, with growing boldness and zeal, repeatedly exclaims "<font size="1">Welcome to iTransplant.com, a website that provides information about transplants.</font>"

transplants!

• @bstorer said:

I'm partial to eyegraft.com, myself.

Whereas igraft.com would be a great URL for an online marketplace linking bribe-takers with bribe-givers.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@barfoo said:

Whereas igraft.com would be a great URL for an online marketplace linking bribe-takers with bribe-givers.
    I've never seen that particular meaning of the word 'graft' used outside of the middle/far east (where it appears to be a rather serious crime judging by the amount of space such cases take up in the English language newspapers I get when there.)

Certainly most UKians wouldn't have come across the term (unsure about common use amongst USians, but judging from the media I've seen I'm guessing not.)

• @PJH said:

@barfoo said:

I've never seen that particular meaning of the word 'graft' used outside of the middle/far east (where it appears to be a rather serious crime judging by the amount of space such cases take up in the English language newspapers I get when there.)

Certainly most UKians wouldn't have come across the term (unsure about common use amongst USians, but judging from the media I've seen I'm guessing not.)

That meaning of graft is quite common in the US, actually.

• @PJH said:

@barfoo said:

According to the Cambridge dictionary it's a US term.

•  This appears to be a web template or mockup, and the owners are probably still in the planning stages and don't have a final name yet.

The fact that searching "template" or "mockup" on this page didn't turn up any results is TRWTF :)

• I like the left bar, especially the "And Some More" section.

•  Excluding the header of the page, everything seems to be the default theme for DotNetNuke.