Initially no salary ~ Full time ~ Need full Commitment!!!

• Well since my submission to this website apparently didn't get the
    front page, I thought of sharing it with you guys right here. Check it
    out:

http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?threadid=21356

• hmm... apparently this forum doesn't allow editing posts, so I'll just
    chip in a "hi, long time visitor, first time poster" right here. Hiya
    all! :-D

• The real wtf is I forgot about post/reply...

Is this like...spam?

• @TealVeal said:

The real wtf is I forgot about post/reply...

Is this like...spam?

Oops sorry... at first I didn't notice until I looked at my post again
    and realised that it almost looks like some website spammer... lol...

Anyway, no, check the link that I put up. Here it is, linkified again (hopefully):

[url]http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?threadid=21356[/url]

Highlights of this "job posting" that I should mention:

• <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2">"
      Initially no salary ~ Full time ~ Need full Commitment!!!"
    • There is a position for "Lead Database"
    • There is a position for "Conceptual Art". And if you follow the link
      to the Geocities page, the requirements for this post include "fluent
      in Photoshop"

;)

</font>

• @friday13 said:

<font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2">

• There is a position for "Lead Database"

</font>

Does that mean your job would be to sit at your desk, memorize everything people tell you, and repeat it on demand?

• "Initially no salary ~ Full time ~ Need full Commitment!!!"

ROTFLOL! 

There's an old saying--you get what you pay for.

Imagine the quality of the "qualified" person will be that he seeks!

• I assume "1 Programmer / Network" is pronounced "one programmer per network". And they have lots of networks maybe, and consequently lots of internets. Whee!

• There was a job around me with the "you get paid after the product ships", saddly i forgot to send my resume

• @friday13 said:

Well since my submission to this website apparently didn't get the
    front page, I thought of sharing it with you guys right here.

It's not appropriate for the front page--Alex focuses on bad code and other artifacts of bad programming and/or engineering (especially idiotic dialog boxes).

But it's perfectly appropriate in this section, "Side Bar WTF", and very amusing. I don't see how he can attract any talent with an ad like that.

• The discussion there clarifies "initially no salary" - they're offering partial ownership of the company in proportion to sweat equity.  (If the company survives long enough for that to be worth anything.)

• I think i'm gonna follow up on this... i've always wanted to be part of a "pioneering" global internet legend!

I also like the sound of being a Techopreneur, it sounds very enterprisey... it also sounds like good a buzzword, "New Start-up looking for Technopreneur funding!"

Maybe someone SHOULD try and join this, i'm sure the code will be full of good WTF's...

~Doc Honcho~

• "<FONT face=Verdana size=2>To have achieve differently, you need to have outflanking tactics (such as us) to reach your personal career."</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>That says it all right there, sign me up!</FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>I liked the reply about how this guy was obviously ignoring every pertinent question that someone would want to know about before signing away 6 months of their lives to an anonymous Malaysian game developer.</FONT>

• sigh I love the forum software. I swear it didn't look like that in the editor.

• I like how you have to fly to Malaysia by Monday and then maybe get the details. "<FONT face=Verdana size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Only for “qualified” talents will receive my full plan and details about this venture." Hmmm..... [8-)] (Wonder how many "'qualified' talents" will show up...)</FONT></FONT>

• @null said:

I like how you have to fly to Malaysia by Monday and then maybe get the details....
    <font size="5">I</font>
    think the posting is intended for Malaysian locals who can drive or
    take the bus and not someone who is on the other side of the world and
    needs a 14-hour flight to get there.

• Uh... wow...  I don't think I've seen such a bad comprehension of the English language since I went and taught English to japanese housewives.  Even they probably had this guy beat.

The guy who posted the last response on the linked thread (pointing out all of the ignored questions) probably has it right. 
    The craziest part (atleast, to me) is that he specifically seeks people who are unemployed now.  You know... people who are unemployed for any duration usually are unemployed for a reason (too junior, not enough experience, really bad at what they do, etc).

• @triso said:

@null said:
    I like how you have to fly to Malaysia by Monday and then maybe get the details....
    <FONT size=5>I</FONT> think the posting is intended for Malaysian locals who can drive or take the bus and not someone who is on the other side of the world and needs a 14-hour flight to get there.

Yeah, and I'm tempted to go there on Monday just to see how it turns out, since it's only an hour's drive away. Unfortunately I'm working... the joys of being a salaried worker... [:S]

• OMG he's still at it, totally oblivious to all the responses in the thread. WTF is he rambling about???

• @frosty said:

Uh... wow...  I don't think I've seen such a bad comprehension of the English language since I went and taught English to japanese housewives.  Even they probably had this guy beat.

If i had a job like that I wouldnot change my job ever :D

• @frosty said:

Uh... wow...  I don't think I've seen such a bad comprehension of the English language since I went and taught English to japanese housewives.  Even they probably had this guy beat.

The guy who posted the last response on the linked thread (pointing out all of the ignored questions) probably has it right. 
    The craziest part (atleast, to me) is that he specifically seeks people who are unemployed now.  You know... people who are unemployed for any duration usually are unemployed for a reason (too junior, not enough experience, really bad at what they do, etc).

I think the person picked up their English skills here

• Aaaaaaaaand, he's BACK!

D<FONT face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size=2>ear talents,

Yesterday they are 7 people came here to interview. But, none of them are meet my requirement.

3 of them are fresh graduates, 2 of them Java programmers (I need C++, Linux & Microsoft Visual Studio), 1 were IT officer from corporate company (experienced for ‘Troubleshooting’, ‘Virus handling’, ‘LAN, WAN networking setup’ & ‘Software & hardware Installation’) and the last one have strong background of Oracle Database, Oracle RAC, IBM DB2 (What I want is My SQL or MS SQL).

All these skills will not help me to build a sophisticate, international standard online game portal, so I have to reject them. (For those who came yesterday, Sorry!)

For me to succeed in this venture, I need to produce top “quality product” to show my investors and deliver to end users to play around. To do that, I need top quality programmers/designers in my team, this criterion even apply for building prototype.

I will not compromise in this issue; otherwise, otherwise I will be wasting my time for doing this.

So, fellows talents, I once again cordially invite you to consider my offer, this may be your scarce opportunity for you to achieve something.

Some of yours maybe particularly busy on yesterday or too far away for you to go (Cyberjaya), you still can email to me for the previous mentioned positions.

Contact me at: (e-mail removed), we can meet any way around Klang valley. My door always open ~ Anytime!

Victory always belongs to action takers........Cheers!

And finally, thanks for all your time for interact with me, and creating such huge responses! (Great Hits)
    </FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> 

<FONT face=Verdana size=2></FONT> 

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>p.s. Hoping the quote tags work.....</FONT>

• Yeah, how could a guy who has vast experience with 3 databases possibly pick up MySql?  It's not like there's some industry SQL standard that all databases attempt to conform to.

What a dumbass.  You can't ask people to work for free, and then turn away the few skilled people who express interest.

• This whole thread is the funniest thing I've ever heard about. I've seen people who have this same kind of thinking:

"I have this great idea for a game."

which they guard like its 'the one idea' and won't tell a soul.

Then they go right into phase B which is to try to hire people who they expect to work for nothing except shares in the company.

Best quote tho is:

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>Life is just like a box of chocolate, you never knew what you going to get tomorrow – Forrest Gump. </FONT>

<FONT face=Verdana size=2>Seriously how do you mess that quote up?</FONT>

• it seems like I've seen this before... oh yeah 2.5 months ago when this thread was made....