Classic quote from app development

• Here is a great quote about how well our company's groups are getting along:

We don't have any release dates schedule yet because when the "large TLA outsourced support firm" and corporate IT get involved there is a long process that we don't control. Some infrastructure things that you would think would take a day or two take months so it is impossible for us to predict dates.

• I think that's the perfect way to make management see that this stupid process they've set up is costing the company real money.

•  at least you can blame it on the "outsourced support firm."

Ive seen that happen in-house to many times to count.

• My god.

It's the same all over, isn't it?

We began building a site early last year.

We just finished because it took the webservice+database party about ten months to deliver a working API.

•  Indeed. One of my projects has been on hold for 2 months waiting for a person to change an IP address on a peice of hardware. I often wait between two weeks and a month for complicated items, such as creating a new security group in active directory.

(For those who haven't done this- Right Click, New, Group, type in name, click ok)

• Garbage Person

Wow. And I got annoyed when I had to wait overnight while a system admin pulled a VMWare image off the server onto an external drive so it could be set up elsewhere.... And I requested the transfer at 4:30PM (for the record, the copy to his local machine was done by the time he left, but the copy to my drive was not).

Sometimes I forget just how good I have it.