Paypal WTF #2

• Someone made a boo-boo. What is <maxcode_get_server> anyway?

Paypal WTF - broken link in Help Center

• My brain stuck a c in the middle of the word Fees.

•  At least nobody's bitchin' about me using Windows 7...

Slow WTF day.

•  @rohypnol said:

At least nobody's bitchin' about me using Windows 7...

Slow WTF day.

What the visual difference, recognizable in your screenshot?

It looks the same as Vista.

What I'd like to know is how you managed to get Cleartype in the title bar, normal AA (though crap-looking) in the rest of FFX, and no AA at all in the page itself.

• @dhromed said:

What I'd like to know is how you managed to get Cleartype in the title bar, normal AA (though crap-looking) in the rest of FFX, and no AA at all in the page itself.

What I'd like to know is how to turn off ClearType in the titlebar. With the new task-oriented and intrusive look-and-feel, I can hardly accomplish anything that involves the default Windows applications or settings. I have to think like it and tell it *what I want* to do, instead of following a logical path and telling it *what I want it* to do.

• @rohypnol said:

@dhromed said:

What I'd like to know is how to turn off ClearType in the titlebar. With the new task-oriented and intrusive look-and-feel, I can hardly accomplish anything that involves the default Windows applications or settings. I have to think like it and tell it *what I want* to do, instead of following a logical path and telling it *what I want it* to do.

Hm, yah. Looks like someone screwed up-- when you search for "cleartype" in the Control Panel search field, it doesn't link directly to the correct control panel. (It does list a Help entry that links to the correct control panel, go figure.)

Anyway, it's in Personalization -> Window Color and Appearance -> "Open Classic appearance properties" -> Effects

Ok, I agree with you: That's insane. They really should have moved those options somewhere easier to find.