The photographed wooden table strikes again -- on a $1M house listing



  • So, you are a realtor in charge of selling a (pinky in mouth) One Million Dollar House in a poor market... you want to put an online listing, and you want to include some photos, what do you do?

    • Get original photos, resize/crop for web, upload to listing site
    • or Get the brochure for the property, and your digicam (or possibly your 0.3Megapixel webcam). Take some poorly focused, poorly lit photos of the pages of the brochure, complete with our friend, the wooden table, and a hint of a PC keyboard, and then use those

    Option B of course... (original listing here)

    And oddly enough this property is still for sale, at least 9 months on...

    (originally found on lovelylisting.com, with loads more WTF real estate adverts).



  •  LOL. The (first) real estate agent (trying to) selling my mother's house took some shocking photos (like of the brick wall at the front of the house conveniently cropping off the windows, or the out-of-focus movement-blurred photos of her house plants) but at least they real photos, not like this!



  • @Zemm said:

    but at least they real photos, not like this!

    What, are you suggesting this might be photoshopped?



  •  Wow, how lazy is that realitor?  Not even taking the time to actually go out to the house and snap their own photos.  They just want a free 3% comission. 



  • @amischiefr said:

     Wow, how lazy is that realitor?  Not even taking the time to actually go out to the house and snap their own photos.  They just want a free 3% comission. 

     

    Can you really blame em? I'll take 3% of 1 million for doing absolutely nothing.



  •  @Kermos said:

    Can you really blame em? I'll take 3% of 1 million for doing absolutely nothing.

    As a general rule, doing that kind of work will net you 3% of  $0.



  • @shadowman said:

     @Kermos said:

    Can you really blame em? I'll take 3% of 1 million for doing absolutely nothing.

    As a general rule, doing that kind of work will net you 3% of  $0.

    Except in real estate.  That's the wonderful thing about being a realtor -- if you get the listing you get part of the commission when the property sells.  All properties will sell eventually, so you get paid for doing noting.

     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.