Do it, do it now, and do it fast.

• I'm "Jack", who works with "Sam" on some software.  "Alex" is the son of
    the boss and does a lot of testing.  "Mick" is a sales force / team
    manager who does the (much needed) interface with the boss. 

We have an application that does work for smaller insurance companies. 
    It's a pair of Windows apps that work with a SQL Server back end and
    manage policy processing, rating, claims, and accounting for these
    insurance companies.

Being modern companies, these folks want the software to work "on the
    web".  Not an unreasonable thing to ask, but with a staff of two
    programmers, not realistic to develop, test, maintain, debug, deploy,
    troubleshoot and sell, then tack on "web front end".  Since the
    competition "does the web" by installing a terminal server, it was
    thought that a terminal server would work well here as well.  But we
    had to add "hooks" to keep agents from doing nefarious things, like
    actually selling business without the company's approval. 

Now, throwing new things on a working build is generally a bad idea, so it was decided to do the work on the current "development" build.  A decidedly unstable version of the software that requires extensive database modification to even work. Hey, new features required new data structures, right?  Besides, this won't ever go to production without testing, right? Alex will get to look at it, won't he?  Wrong.  Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go go go!  Put it in right now. So the Dev build was put on their terminal server.  The dev modifications were put on their database (with NO BACKUP). The new stuff worked (kind of)

So I came in this morning and Mick says that Dirk (the customer that wants the "web front end") called and the
    current production software won't work.  Can't create quotes, can't renew policies, can't
    do much of anything.  Why did you break my stuff? Well, Sam did the
    actual work so when Sam comes in, he gets the task of actually fixing
    the stuff that won't work.  Jack helps out as much as possible and 3 hours later the customer is running again.

WTF.

The best part?  Jack got to tell Mick "I told you so!"

• @jimlangrunner said:

....... Alex will get to look at it, won't he?  Wrong.  Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go go go!  Put it in
    right now. ......

I work at Burger King making flame broiled whoppers, I wear paper hats.

Would you like an apple pie with that?

Would you like an apple pie with that?

Ding! Fries are done.

Ding! Fries are done.

Ding! Fries are done.

Ding! Fries are done.

I gotta run.

I gotta run.

I gotta run.

I gotta run. 

• @Helix said:

@jimlangrunner said:
    ....... Alex will get to look at it, won't he? Wrong. Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go go go! Put it in right now. ......
    I work at Burger King making flame broiled whoppers, I wear paper hats. Would you like an apple pie with that? Would you like an apple pie with that? Ding! Fries are done. Ding! Fries are done. Ding! Fries are done. Ding! Fries are done. I gotta run. I gotta run. I gotta run. I gotta run.

The end of the excerpt from jimlangrunner is more suggestive of Quizno's than Burger King.

• @AltSysrq said:

@Helix said:

@jimlangrunner said:
    ....... Alex will get to look at it, won't he? Wrong. Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go go go! Put it in right now. ......
    I work at Burger King making flame broiled whoppers, I wear paper hats. Would you like an apple pie with that? Would you like an apple pie with that? Ding! Fries are done. Ding! Fries are done. Ding! Fries are done. Ding! Fries are done. I gotta run. I gotta run. I gotta run. I gotta run.

The end of the excerpt from jimlangrunner is more suggestive of Quizno's than Burger King.

Actually, it's more suggestive of your mom.