MasterPlanSoftware is in the penalty box



  •  Looks lik MasterPlanSoftware (aka: Rich B?) is in the newly developed "Penalty Box" on StackOverflow.

     http://stackoverflow.com/users/5640/rich-b

    Apparently this is him duking it out with StackOverflow about it

    http://blog.stackoverflow.com/2009/04/a-day-in-the-penalty-box/#comments



  • Oh Jesus.  Who gives a flying fuck



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Oh Jesus.  Who gives a flying fuck

    Yikes.  I guess the bitterness exceeds the "love to hate him" factor.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Oh Jesus.  Who gives a flying fuck

     

    Evidently you do.  At least enough to comment in his defense



  • Didn't know about the penalty box. That sure was tolerant of the SO crew. And I'm not just talking about Rich B. I'd have gone with more draconian measures after a warning or two. Especially on StackOverflow where a certain level of maturity is expected of you.



  • @campkev said:

    @belgariontheking said:
    Oh Jesus.  Who gives a flying fuck
    Evidently you do.  At least enough to comment in his defense
    Maybe I do, but I'll discuss that with the SO community, not on this completely different and unrelated site.

    Furthermore, as much as I want to say this isn't a WTF, it is, for reasons that aren't worth getting into with this community.



  • @Soviut said:

    the newly developed "Penalty Box" on StackOverflow.

    What is 'penalty box' and where can I subscribe to it? Is StackOverflow subscribing to it? Is StackOverflow giving a useful RSS feed? Do they have any readable content?

    On a more serious (whatever) note - your link gave no information pertanant to your post. No penalty was mentioned, just a list of stuff they'd (ab)used.

    What was your point again?



  • @Soviut said:

     Looks lik MasterPlanSoftware (aka: Rich B?) is in the newly developed "Penalty Box" on StackOverflow.

     http://stackoverflow.com/users/5640/rich-b

    Apparently this is him duking it out with StackOverflow about it

    http://blog.stackoverflow.com/2009/04/a-day-in-the-penalty-box/#comments

    I decided to quote the OP as a little MPS tribute.

     

    If one single person takes an issue with you, maybe they are the problem/

    But when every time you participate in a discussion it somehow turns into a heated debate over your behavior...



  • @belgariontheking said:

    Oh Jesus.  Who gives a flying fuck.

    Dunkin' Donuts stock dropped hard on the news.



  • The real question is, where will MPS troll now?  Digg?  Reddit?  At least on Slashdot his comments won't be deleted, but it's pissing into a sea of piss.  4chan is anonymous so there's no way for him to attain a real reputation as a troll and stroke his ego.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    The real question is, where will MPS troll now?  Digg?  Reddit?  At least on Slashdot his comments won't be deleted, but it's pissing into a sea of piss.  4chan is anonymous so there's no way for him to attain a real reputation as a troll and stroke his ego.

     

    Perhaps his circa 1999 website will suddenly sprout a blog.



  •  If someone may tell the story, how is it MPS got to such a legendary status on this site?  I read tons of posts of him being a general douchebag, but I always wondered how he managed to have such a reputation for being a general douchebag here.



  • @Master Chief said:

    If someone may tell the story, how is it MPS got to such a legendary status on this site?  I read tons of posts of him being a general douchebag, but I always wondered how he managed to have such a reputation for being a general douchebag here.
    Pretty much the same way as on here: by not caring whether anyone thought he was a douchebag.



  • @Master Chief said:

     If someone may tell the story, how is it MPS got to such a legendary status on this site?  I read tons of posts of him being a general douchebag, but I always wondered how he managed to have such a reputation for being a general douchebag here.

     

    He'd push a lot of buttons trying to get into arguments and derail threads.  Then whenever somebody called him out, he'd refute it claiming "this is how a forum works" and asking for "proof" of his misdoings.

    Read the comments in the 2nd link I posted, read how Rich B (aka: MPS) refutes his wrongdoings and practically asks for the textbook definition of what it is to "be a jerk".



  • @Master Chief said:

     If someone may tell the story, how is it MPS got to such a legendary status on this site?  I read tons of posts of him being a general douchebag, but I always wondered how he managed to have such a reputation for being a general douchebag here.

     

    Well, he started out fine.  He was always pretty direct and not very nice, but not a total fuckstick.  Then he started posting on the forums on a full-time basis (I'm talking 20+ hours a day posting).  Most threads would be half his posts, and most of his posts were flaming the post before that post.  He pretty much would repeat the same shit over and over again, and always flame people for posting in ways that he didn't like.  For instance, if you quote too little of the post to which you are replying, or (especially) if you quote too much.



  • @tster said:

    @Master Chief said:

     If someone may tell the story, how is it MPS got to such a legendary status on this site?  I read tons of posts of him being a general douchebag, but I always wondered how he managed to have such a reputation for being a general douchebag here.

     

    Well, he started out fine.  He was always pretty direct and not very nice, but not a total fuckstick.  Then he started posting on the forums on a full-time basis (I'm talking 20+ hours a day posting).  Most threads would be half his posts, and most of his posts were flaming the post before that post.  He pretty much would repeat the same shit over and over again, and always flame people for posting in ways that he didn't like.  For instance, if you quote too little of the post to which you are replying, or (especially) if you quote too much.

    Right, I tried defending him for awhile but he when he started outright spamming every thread with a script and brought down the forums (after the ban Alex put in place didn't work because CS is worthless) I gave up on him.  He could sometimes post intelligent stuff and the whining over "etiquette" never bothered me much and I thought it was overblown, but when he started developing crazy obsessions and vendettas against people who had "wronged" him it got pretty sad.  I didn't actually think the forums would become more "on-track" after he was banned, but I turned out to be wrong.  It seems he really did get under most people's skin and it made things suck around here.



  • @Clic Upvote said:

    @Rich b, you are sick, for actually taking the time to write all that. I think you have a psychological disorder and you really need some kind of psychiatric help (this has been my opinion about you from the beginning). I think for your own good you should be perm. banned so you’re forced to find some productive use of your time and your life

    QFT



  • All you young whippersnappers seem to think that MPS/Rich B/Whoever is legendary.

    Well you ain't legendary until you get a FAQ written about you.

    Now Rod Speed .. He was legendary.



  • @PJH said:

    What is 'penalty box'...
    It's like the naughty chair used in the "Jamaican Supernanny" tv show

    Nanny: This is the naughty chair.

    Parent: Wats that used for?

    Nanny: FOR HITTING HIM WITH... *smack* THIS ISNT FOR ME, *thump* ITS FOR YOU, *wack* ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! *kick*



  • He's a total fuckstick for whining about them "silencing dissenting opinion", as if free speech rights apply to a privately owned website.



  • @derula said:

    @Clic Upvote said:
    @Rich b, you are sick, for actually taking the time to write all that. I think you have a psychological disorder and you really need some kind of psychiatric help (this has been my opinion about you from the beginning). I think for your own good you should be perm. banned from ever using a computer again so you’re forced to find some productive use of your time and your life

    QFT

     

    Just wanted to make it a bit better :)



  • a psychological disorder
    , this



  • @bjolling said:

    Nanny: This is the naughty chair.

    Parent: Wats that used for?

    Nanny: FOR HITTING HIM WITH... *smack* THIS ISNT FOR ME, *thump* ITS FOR YOU, *wack* ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! *kick*

    You, sir, are ahead of your time.


  • @DOA said:

    @bjolling said:

    Nanny: This is the naughty chair.

    Parent: Wats that used for?

    Nanny: FOR HITTING HIM WITH... *smack* THIS ISNT FOR ME, *thump* ITS FOR YOU, *wack* ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! *kick*

    You, sir, are ahead of your time.
    TBH: google for "lenny henry live at the apollo"


  • @derula said:

    @Clic Upvote said:
    @Rich b, you are sick, for actually taking the time to write all that. I think you have a psychological disorder and you really need some kind of psychiatric help (this has been my opinion about you from the beginning). I think for your own good you should be perm. banned so you’re forced to find <stroke>some productive use of your time and your life</stroke> another forum where you can quickly build bad rep, get attention, derail threads and finally get banned.

    QFT

     

    FTFY, unfortunatly



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @tster said:

    Well, he started out fine.  He was always pretty direct and not very nice, but not a total fuckstick.  Then he started posting on the forums on a full-time basis (I'm talking 20+ hours a day posting).  Most threads would be half his posts, and most of his posts were flaming the post before that post.  He pretty much would repeat the same shit over and over again, and always flame people for posting in ways that he didn't like.  For instance, if you quote too little of the post to which you are replying, or (especially) if you quote too much.

    Right, I tried defending him for awhile but he when he started outright spamming every thread with a script and brought down the forums (after the ban Alex put in place didn't work because CS is worthless) I gave up on him.  He could sometimes post intelligent stuff and the whining over "etiquette" never bothered me much and I thought it was overblown, but when he started developing crazy obsessions and vendettas against people who had "wronged" him it got pretty sad.  I didn't actually think the forums would become more "on-track" after he was banned, but I turned out to be wrong.  It seems he really did get under most people's skin and it made things suck around here.

     

    It did seem like he spent an amazing amount of time here given the usual level of activity.  Like obsession.

    Also, this software DOES blow.  It's like clicking a hyperlink causes the thing to begin shitting a brick of an html file into my browser, and its constipated.



  • @gherkin said:

    He's a total fuckstick for whining about them "silencing dissenting opinion", as if free speech rights apply to a privately owned website.

    To be fair, just because free speech rights do not apply does not mean that it is not worth standing up for dissenting opinion.  A homogenous community is bad and dissenting opinions should be defended through argument; it's not like he's going to sue over this*.  I'm not saying MPS' blathering is actual dissenting opinion that is worth keeping around (a view evidently shared by Alex and Jeff Atwood), but I still think standing up for reasonable dissent is a good thing.  Of course, there's a difference between dissent and being an asshole, something MPS clearly does not comprehend.  I think the posting rule from Bill Whittle's blog sums it up nicely:  "This is not a public square. This is a dinner party on personal property.
    Good conversation is not only tolerated but celebrated here. But the
    host understands the difference between dissent and disrespect, even if
    you do not. Louts will be ignored until the bouncers can show them the door."

     

    <font size="1">* Well, it's not like a sane person would or could sue over this.  MPS is delusional enough that he might just try, assuming throwing a temper tantrum and spamming the shit out of the forum with a script does not get him unbanned.</font>



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Of course, there's a difference between dissent and being an asshole, something MPS clearly does not comprehend.

    Dissent is voicing one's opinions of disatisfaction over the current conditions they're facing.  MPS, on the other hand, creates the hostile conditions he needs to be a martyr for his own cause.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    I didn't actually think the forums would become more "on-track" after he was banned, but I turned out to be wrong.  It seems he really did get under most people's skin and it made things suck around here.

    Just think how much more on-track it could be if our current resident semi-troll didn't always complain about every use of British spelling instead of American spelling, and other such nonsense!  (Granted, there's nowhere near as much margin for improvement as when MPS was around, but still...)



  • @tgape said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    I didn't actually think the forums would become more "on-track" after he was banned, but I turned out to be wrong.  It seems he really did get under most people's skin and it made things suck around here.

    Just think how much more on-track it could be if our current resident semi-troll didn't always complain about every use of British spelling instead of American spelling, and other such nonsense!  (Granted, there's nowhere near as much margin for improvement as when MPS was around, but still...)

    Evidently you are unfamiliar with the concept of humor.  Also, this is an American site, so you should conform to the standards of your host.  Perhaps in your native land people use bidets, but if you travel overseas that does not mean you should wash your ass in the restroom sink simply because it is what you are used to.  By the same token, using British spellings on an American website is tantamount to treason and sedition and we execute people in the US for that.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    By the same token, using British spellings on an American website is tantamount to treason and sedition and we execute people in the US for that.
    Everybody get your steak knives!  We don't take kindly to british spelling round here, and we don't take kindly to humane executions either.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Also, this is an American site, so you should conform to the standards of your host.  Perhaps in your native land people use bidets, but if you travel overseas that does not mean you should wash your ass in the restroom sink simply because it is what you are used to.  By the same token, using British spellings on an American website is tantamount to treason and sedition and we execute people in the US for that.

    One the day that the hispanics in the US will realise their long planned endeavour (1) and rise up to take control of the country and impose their ideas of a colourful language on you. At that point you will wish your neighbours across the pond still took an interest your the upstart colony. And the response to your cries will be something like:

    "La lengua de los E.E.U.U. ahora es español. ¿Tan porqué usted no la está hablando?" (2)

    (1) Sneak across border and breed like rabbits - although the sneaking bit is now moot as they are already here in numbers.

    (2) I have never proclaimed any fluency in spanish.



  • @OzPeter said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    Also, this is an American site, so you should conform to the standards of your host.  Perhaps in your native land people use bidets, but if you travel overseas that does not mean you should wash your ass in the restroom sink simply because it is what you are used to.  By the same token, using British spellings on an American website is tantamount to treason and sedition and we execute people in the US for that.

    One the day that the hispanics in the US will realise their long planned endeavour (1) and rise up to take control of the country and impose their ideas of a colourful language on you. At that point you will wish your neighbours across the pond still took an interest your the upstart colony. And the response to your cries will be something like:

    "La lengua de los E.E.U.U. ahora es español. ¿Tan porqué usted no la está hablando?" (2)

    (1) Sneak across border and breed like rabbits - although the sneaking bit is now moot as they are already here in numbers.

    (2) I have never proclaimed any fluency in spanish.

     

    Why would we wish Europe cared?   We might be being being overrun by hispanics, but Europe is being overrun by Muslims.  Personally, I'd prefer to have to learn Mexican than be dead.



  • @tster said:

    @OzPeter said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    Also, this is an American site, so you should conform to the standards of your host.  Perhaps in your native land people use bidets, but if you travel overseas that does not mean you should wash your ass in the restroom sink simply because it is what you are used to.  By the same token, using British spellings on an American website is tantamount to treason and sedition and we execute people in the US for that.

    One the day that the hispanics in the US will realise their long planned endeavour (1) and rise up to take control of the country and impose their ideas of a colourful language on you. At that point you will wish your neighbours across the pond still took an interest your the upstart colony. And the response to your cries will be something like:

    "La lengua de los E.E.U.U. ahora es español. ¿Tan porqué usted no la está hablando?" (2)

    (1) Sneak across border and breed like rabbits - although the sneaking bit is now moot as they are already here in numbers.

    (2) I have never proclaimed any fluency in spanish.

     

    Why would we wish Europe cared?   We might be being being overrun by hispanics, but Europe is being overrun by Muslims.  Personally, I'd prefer to have to learn Mexican than be dead.

    QFT.  Also, while the illegal immigration problem in the US is problematic, it's not like the illegals are causing a whole lot of harm.  They're costing a bit of money on social services but they tend to be well-behaved and although there are about 17 million of them they aren't coming in faster than the economy can stand.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    QFT.  Also, while the illegal immigration problem in the US is problematic, it's not like the illegals are causing a whole lot of harm.  They're costing a bit of money on social services but they tend to be well-behaved and although there are about 17 million of them they aren't coming in faster than the economy can stand.

    I didn't mean to imply that illegals are causing problems.

    Given the difference in the breeding rates between English speaking Caucasians and Spanish speaking Hispanics in the US, Caucasians are destined to become a minority at some point in the future. Where upon the majority Hispanics will be able to exercise their democratic right and vote out US-english as the national language. Of course a lot of people in the US don't like the idea of modern day immigration changing the definition of their US (which is probably more akin to a 1950's white bread world)



  • @OzPeter said:

    Given the difference in the breeding rates between English speaking Caucasians and Spanish speaking Hispanics in the US, Caucasians are destined to become a minority at some point in the future. Where upon the majority Hispanics will be able to exercise their democratic right and vote out US-english as the national language.

    We don't have a national language. There's nothing to vote out, and there would be tremendous resistance to voting anything in.

    You're also assuming that Spanish-speaking Hispanics will necessarily have Spanish-speaking children. I find it more plausible that they will have bilingual children, which I suggest would be an advance.



  • @OzPeter said:

    Hispanics will be able to exercise their democratic right and vote out US-english as the national language.
    I don't know if this is indicative of the hispanic community in general, but only like 10% of the hispanics (immigrants) that I know would be able to vote.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    I don't know if this is indicative of the hispanic community in general, but only like 10% of the hispanics (immigrants) that I know would be able to vote.

    They're just lulling you into a false sense of security. Come the Night of the Long Tacos they will enroll en masse and then where will you be?



  • @OzPeter said:

    @belgariontheking said:
    I don't know if this is indicative of the hispanic community in general, but only like 10% of the hispanics (immigrants) that I know would be able to vote.

    They're just lulling you into a false sense of security. Come the Night of the Long Tacos they will enroll en masse and then where will you be?
     

    QFWin



  • @OzPeter said:

    @belgariontheking said:
    I don't know if this is indicative of the hispanic community in general, but only like 10% of the hispanics (immigrants) that I know would be able to vote.

    They're just lulling you into a false sense of security. Come the Night of the Long Tacos they will enroll en masse and then where will you be?
    Eating the longest taco I've ever eaten.



  • @OzPeter said:

    All you young whippersnappers seem to think that MPS/Rich B/Whoever is legendary.
    Well you ain't legendary until you get a FAQ written about you.
    Now Rod Speed .. He was legendary.
    Well, he's legendary in the scope of the TDWTF forums. Take in mind that users that have joined the forums months after Alex vaporized MPS from these realms know about MPS.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.