Need help dechipering question

• I'm an expert for AllExperts.com, and sometimes I get questions that are really hard to understand. This one, I really don't know what they are talking about:

Questioner:  krunal
    Category: Java
    Private: No

Subject: clear screen applet
    Question: hi,
    sorry i m not specify ..
    now...
    when ever click on clear button then it clear the applet screen and reload and the command prompt session continue..

actually i m using command prompt in my applet ,,, i don't want to clear command prompt....but when clear button click then clear screen but prompt is running../
    if u help then please give me idea for implementation or how i start..

• I think he's asking you how to reset all the form fields in his applet, without clearing a command prompt running in the background.

Of course, he might also be asking for your firstborn child--I doubt we could tell much difference if he was.

• @subanark said:

hi,
    sorry i m not specify ..
    now...
    when ever click on clear button then it clear the applet screen and reload and the command prompt session continue..

actually i m using command prompt in my applet ,,, i don't want to clear command prompt....but when clear button click then clear screen but prompt is running../
    I think you should get a doctor to write this out on a perscription paper and see what drug you get out of it at the pharmacy.

• @Welbog said:

@subanark said:

hi,
    sorry i m not specify ..
    now...

I think you should get a doctor to write this out on a perscription paper and see what drug you get out of it at the pharmacy.

Better yet. Pick up a solution to some random, completely unrelated problem (but which also has to do with applets), and then use babelfish to translate it back and forth between English and Hindi a couple times. Then send this guy the solution.

•  I think it might possibly be that his version of the Java applet console might redraw the screen when clear is pressed. But he may not properly handle or understand how screen drawing is done. In any case he shouldn't be using the console in applets for anything but debugging info. I told him that, and if he likes he can use a JTextArea in his applet, or even pop one on the screen in a new window.

I know its tempting to simply tell him that the screen was cleared since the compiler couldn't understand his comments, and he needs to write them in proper English.

• @subanark said:

I'm an expert for AllExperts.com, and sometimes I get questions that are really hard to understand. This one, I really don't know what they are talking about:

Questioner:  krunal
    Category: Java
    Private: No

Subject: clear screen applet
    Question: hi,
    sorry i m not specify ..
    now...

Hey, I can help!  Let me translate it for you:

plz send teh codez. 

• This is the sort of question that makes you think, "they probably write great code but since English isn't their first language, simply have communication problems".

Then they pastebin some code for you and the only response you can give is, "AAAAAARGH".