Wendy's Survey

• Someone I know was working on this survey (it wasn't me who did the survey) and showed it to me and told me about it. It asked you a bunch of dumb questions (or mostly questions without good choices for answering, actually). In addition, when you had to copy the store number from the receipt you needed to put each digit in a separate box. And it asked you for the date of your visit from your receipt, but in a different format than the date format on the receipt. But the final thing was, after entering your e-mail address at the start it asked at the end for your e-mail address a second time, if it didn't match it said it was a invalid e-mail address please enter in the form name@domain (it didn't tell you it didn't match, rather it said your e-mail address was invalid, even if it was valid), and there was a check-mark for "do not send the validation code", what's that for? (The first time you entered your e-mail address it told you that is where it was going to send the validation code that you needed to purchase free stuff.) And apparently you can do the survey by telephone as well, but you still need to give them your e-mail address even if it is by phone (the only use of this would be if you have a computer with internet and e-mail software but no web-browser software, but this is rare and anyways it is still dumb that they require your e-mail address by phone survey). Basically, these were many of the same things that were previously featured on The Daily WTF.

•  

Here you go!

• @HAX said:

Here you go!
    Don't worry about it.  It was probably something about how browsers are too user friendly these days.

• @zzo38 said:

Someone I know was working on a survey for the Wendy's restaurant franchise. It asked you a bunch of dumb questions. It had some other problems as well:
    • You had to copy the store number from the receipt, but you needed to put each digit in a separate box.
    • It asked you for the date of your visit, but in a different format than the date format on the receipt.
    • After entering your e-mail address at the start it asked at the end for your e-mail address a second time.
      • If it didn't match it said "This is an invalid e-mail address, please enter in the form name@domain"
      • It didn't tell you it didn't match, rather it said "your e-mail address was invalid", even if it was valid)
    • There was a checkbox for "do not send the validation code", without any context.
    • You can do the survey by telephone as well, but you still need to give them your e-mail address even if it is by phone. The only possible use of this would be if you could read e-mail but not browse the web, but this is rare.
    Basically, these were many of the same things that were previously featured on The Daily WTF.

• Tell me what the title attribute originally said, before it was erased?

• @zzo38 said:

Tell me what the title attribute originally said, before it was erased?
    Just what you put in parentheses, which I didn't feel was necessay to include with the main body of the text. I couldn't be bothered to do footnotes.
    Someone I know (it wasn't me who did the survey)
    dumb questions (or mostly questions without good choices for answering, actually)
    without any context (The instructions said that you'd receive a "validation code" good for free stuff at that e-mail address, but they weren't anywhere near the checkbox.)

• @TwelveBaud said:

Filed under: we need a new tag cloud attack, FTFY, FUCKING HELL WHY DOES IT EAT THE TITLE ATTRIBUTE?<input name="ctl00$ctl00$bcr$bcr$ctl00$PostList$ctl05$ctl23$ctl01" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_ctl00_PostList_ctl05_ctl23_ctl01_State" value="value:Filed%20under%3A%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22%2Ftags%2Fwe%2Bneed%2Ba%2Bnew%2Btag%2Bcloud%2Battack%2Fdefault.aspx%22%20rel%3D%22tag%22%3Ewe%20need%20a%20new%20tag%20cloud%20attack%3C%2Fa%3E%2C%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22%2Ftags%2FFTFY%2Fdefault.aspx%22%20rel%3D%22tag%22%3EFTFY%3C%2Fa%3E%2C%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22%2Ftags%2FFUCKING%2BHELL%2BWHY%2BDOES%2BIT%2BEAT%2BTHE%2BTITLE%2BATTRIBUTE_3F00_%2Fdefault.aspx%22%20rel%3D%22tag%22%3EFUCKING%20HELL%20WHY%20DOES%20IT%20EAT%20THE%20TITLE%20ATTRIBUTE%3F%3C%2Fa%3E" type="hidden">
    							    <ul class="ForumPostStatistics CommonPrintHidden" style="clear: both;">
    							        <li><br></li>

<li><a href="/forums/ReportAbuse.aspx?ForumID=1&amp;ReportPostID=194130" mce_href="/forums/ReportAbuse.aspx?ForumID=1&amp;ReportPostID=194130">Report abuse</a></li>
    								    <li><a onclick="Telligent_Modal.Open('/forums/QuickReply.aspx?ReplyToPostID=194130',600,400,new Function('result', 'if (result != undefined && !result) { window.location.reload(false); }')); return false;" href="#" mce_href="#">Quick Reply</a></li>
    							    </ul></blockquote> I spent ages discovering that it does that last night.&nbsp; It would make rickrolling a whole lot easier if you could put a bogus title on your links that matched the fake URL.&nbsp; I guess it applies a pretty strict white-list to the set of attributes that it lets through in order to prevent unexpected forms of injection attack. <p>&nbsp;</p>