A Few Spelling Errors

• I just came across the comment below in some code I'm working on. With the exception of redacting the name of the company, this is verbatim what's in the file:

WELCOME TO THE [redacted] GARAGE SALE WEBSITE PROGRAM
    THIS PROGRAM USES A TEMPLATE BASTED SYSTEM TO SERVER MULTIPLE WEBSITE
    OF A SINGULAR CODEBASE.

•  I prefer my systems basted with templates.  It keeps them juicy and flavorful.

• @mwproductions said:

TO SERVER MULTIPLE WEBSITE

"Serve", or "Sever"?

Was this code by any chance not written in an English-speaking country?

• It may have been written by a New Zealander, but I'm pretty sure it was written by an American. Actually, that could explain it.

I see a lot of mistakes like this in our code comments. Although they all make me chuckle, this particular chunk of comment was too humorous not to post.

• @Robajob said:

@mwproductions said:

"Serve", or "Sever"? 

I make this same typo sometimes, fumbling and hitting the R after I hit the E.  "Basted" makes no sense, though... 

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Robajob said:

@mwproductions said:

"Serve", or "Sever"? 

I make this same typo sometimes, fumbling and hitting the R after I hit the E.  "Basted" makes no sense, though... 

That is an unusual typo for "based".

• I made a post in sidebar a long time ago that some "unusual" comments.  heres a few of them

'our bit index is out of range so Crash and Burn BABY!!!

'<JAMESBROWN_VOICE>Im'a Bit machine! HOUGH-HAWGH!</JAMESBROWN_VOICE>

''' <remarks>
    ''' nope
    ''' </remarks>
     heres a link to the post:

[url=http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/5939/123111.aspx]http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/5939/123111.aspx[/url]

• @bstorer said:

I prefer my systems basted with templates.  It keeps them juicy and flavorful.

You should try brining your systems sometime.  Why do the work yourself when you can let osmosis do it for you?

• @cconroy said:

@bstorer said:

I prefer my systems basted with templates.  It keeps them juicy and flavorful.

You should try brining your systems sometime.  Why do the work yourself when you can let osmosis do it for you?

Personally I prefer them fried, chopped, up and tossed in some good ole mac & cheese.