The Godfather of Webdesign



  • I stumbled accross thisintereseting approach to webdesign: http://www.acdc.at (not related to the band).

    The big red warning essentially says: "Dear Visitor, we would like to play the title music ofGodfather here to improve the overall effect, but that would cost us EUR 150,-.We understand that artists have the right to earn money for their works, but we cannot force our customers to pay such high prices for a little music. Therefore we now have a young artist to compose the background music for our and all our customers pages."

    If you click on "Leistungen" and then on "und so funktoinierts", you even get a friendly computer voice telling you that "We will make you an offer you cannot refuse" (in german).

    From what I can tell, this is not ajoke, or a student project, but a serious company. At least they list a valid austrian tax id number on their contact page.



  •  I wonder how they pay for adobe flash licenses when they can't even pay 150 EUR for some music.



  •  @Juifeng said:

     I wonder how they pay for adobe flash licenses when they can't even pay 150 EUR for some music.

     Well, since they are godfathers, maybe they didn't exactly pay the licenses 😉



  •  So royalties have prevented them from putting music on their website? Who knew something good could come from the music industry's copyright obsession...



  •  No, the result is that they put uncopyrighted music on their website!

     



  • @mucki_at said:

    I stumbled accross thisintereseting approach to webdesign: http://www.acdc.at (not related to the band).

    The big red warning essentially says: "Dear Visitor, we would like to play the title music ofGodfather here to improve the overall effect, but that would cost us EUR 150,-.We understand that artists have the right to earn money for their works, but we cannot force our customers to pay such high prices for a little music. Therefore we now have a young artist to compose the background music for our and all our customers pages."

    If you click on "Leistungen" and then on "und so funktoinierts", you even get a friendly computer voice telling you that "We will make you an offer you cannot refuse" (in german).

    From what I can tell, this is not ajoke, or a student project, but a serious company. At least they list a valid austrian tax id number on their contact page.

     

    Wow, Just freakin' Wow...

     

    You ever take a dump and look down and the thing's so massive it fills the entire bowl, and you feel a small sense of something almost akin to pride - only it isn't pride ('cos it's about friggin a dinosaur shit - and you know that'd have to be some kinda faux-pride you'd have there - 'cos it's shit)

    ...oh just me? We'll I image that's how I imagine the team over at ACDC: The Godfather of Webdesign must feel about their site.

     

    It's Shittiness, but in a way that is almost made from awesome, but you know it isn't.

     

    They just crapped a dino-turd onto the internet.



  • Note to self: Don;t read the boards right before dinner...



  • @mucki_at said:

     @Juifeng said:

     I wonder how they pay for adobe flash licenses when they can't even pay 150 EUR for some music.

     Well, since they are godfathers, maybe they didn't exactly pay the licenses 😉

     

    Or they used a $10 "Flash generator"



  • @nat42 said:

    It's Shittiness, but in a way that is almost made from awesome, but you know it isn't.

    Make sure you classify!



  • Wow, on "Über uns" they claim to have "127 Jahre Erfahrung" (127 years worth of experience) in web design, yet I can do better websites with ~120 years less.

    (Okay, so they really seem to refer to the sum of their ages, so it's sort of understandable... except that no, it isn't.)



  • @Juifeng said:

     I wonder how they pay for adobe flash licenses when they can't even pay 150 EUR for some music.

    They spent it all licensing the Godfather logo.



  • Godfather of webdesign? More like the 'Sprockets' of webdesign...and the dudes are even named 'Dieter'....



  •  Oh god the second I entered I wanted to leave... THE VISION IS NOW! Looks like we have new tags... Omg the tags on this page just got 3x more annoying to type.



  • @nat42 said:

    Wow, Just freakin' Wow...
    How many Courics was yours?  I got one that was like 6 Courics one night!



  • I want to stab my eyes out.



  •  GHUUURRRRR... BRAAAAIINS... BRAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNNSS...



  •  @Juifeng said:

     I wonder how they pay for adobe flash licenses when they can't even pay 150 EUR for some music.

     I assume they mean 150 EUR per customer visiting the site or something... that's often how royalties work, AFAIK.

    This site is so bad it itself is crying. When you click to go to another page, you'll see what I mean.



  •  ..this is a joke right?

     

    Oh wait...I remember some bloke posting a video of a 1994 Doom WAD (add-on level) on youtube that originally had a midi of C&C's "Everybody dance now, but he replaced it due to "copyright issues". Some folk are just too anal about such things.

     Here it is:

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXPvq7A5YT8



  • Wait, so the WTF isn't that the entire site is nothing but a flash movie?

    Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it can't be a bad idea; after all, 90% of computers ship with Windows...



  • @ailivac said:

    Wait, so the WTF isn't that the entire site is nothing but a flash movie?
     

     I once -almost- worked for a company that specializes in flash sites, and when they were assigned a classic joomla-generated portal job.... well...the boss thought about how he could work around that and "make it more like Flash"...or something. I WTF-ed the whole story here.

    And windows...well....let's not open that can of worms now, shall we? :-p


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.