Vista Purdiness

• @Weng said:

It frightens me that the quicklaunch has apparently left us in Windows 7, though.

You're kidding.

It's my main point of entry.

The again, the QuickLaunch is just an example of a fairly generic taskbar toolbar, and you can make one that points to any folder, and it'll behave in the same way. I imagine there's a registry setting to kill the label of such a toolbar.

• @Weng said:

It frightens me that the quicklaunch has apparently left us in Windows 7, though.
    Think of the entire taskbar as a quicklaunch toolbar on steroids.

•  @belgariontheking said:

So kind of like in OS-X, then? That I could actually learn to like, though I really hope they succeed in whittling down the minimum specs a bit; 128mb of graphics memory just for the operating system?

• @Jake Grey said:

@belgariontheking said:
    So kind of like in OS-X, then? That I could actually learn to like, though I really hope they succeed in whittling down the minimum specs a bit; 128mb of graphics memory just for the operating system?
    Similar.  They've been accused of copying OSX's ideas.

Since I can't get to youtube from work, I can't verify that any of these videos are any good, but check out the results from my finely crafted Google query.

• @DOA said:

I use special software for this. It's called Windows XP.

Like, you, I too am using the special software! And not seeing the scum on title of window bar. Except, for me this is the firm wear! Can you guess woo is?

• @beau29 said:

Like, you, I too am using the special software! And not seeing the scum on title of window bar. Except, for me this is the firm wear! Can you guess woo is?
    Did you suddenly turn into a rezzing markov chain?

• @belgariontheking said:

@beau29 said:

Did you suddenly turn into a rezzing markov chain?

There was a point in the whole "cold fusion" affair where another scientist managed to pin down one of "cold fusion's" creators - Martin Fleischmann -  in a line of questioning for which he obviously had no answer. Fleischman responded by telling jokes. I think I have reached that point in my CS career. One might accurately describe it as "cloud-of-hot-air computing."