Online banking WTF

• We'd been having some pretty bizarre problems with our online banking lately, but wrote them off as glitches. Our bank has just changed to a new online banking system as of about three months ago. It's fair to be working out some glitches, but within reason. I logged on to my online banking to pay a bill today and this was at the top of the page:

<font color="red">Due to a temporary technical problem, bills that are paid after 10:30 pm will appear on your list of 'scheduled payments'. If this happens, please do not delete them. We will remove it on your behalf. Until this problem is fixed, we will ensure your payment is made properly and your account will display a reversal and re-entry of your payment on internet and telephone banking as well as your statement. To avoid this, please consider paying your bills before 10:30 pm. Thank you for your co-operation.</font>

That is not OK. How am I supposed to trust them with all of my money?

Ironically we just moved to this bank from our old one because the old one had such a terrible and scary online banking system.

• Sounds like the online banking system moved with you.

Are you sure you are not being stalked by it?

• My bank also recently "upgraded" their online banking system. In the process they wiped out all international standing orders. They didn't notify anyone of this however, they preferred to let you find out yourself when your mortgage payment is late.

They also introduced a bug, where if you make a make a new standing order for the current month, it will be accepted, but the month silently changed to next month in the detailed view (but not in the summary it initially shows you). Luckily I noticed this in time, and didn't get my home reposessed...

• @kimos said:

<font color="red">Due to a temporary technical problem, bills that
    are paid after 10:30 pm will appear on your list of 'scheduled
    payments'. If this happens, please do not delete them. We will remove
    it on your behalf. Until this problem is fixed, we will ensure your
    payment is made properly and your account will display a reversal and
    re-entry of your payment on internet and telephone banking as well as
    your statement. To avoid this, please consider paying your bills before
    10:30 pm. Thank you for your co-operation.
    </font>

Translation: after our recent upgrade, we discovered that the update exposed a transaction integrity issue in our database.  We will be fixing it as soon as we can.  Until we do fix it, any payments made between 10:30pm and whenever we finish nightly processing will be converted to an automated payment, which will be applied as soon as we finish nightly processing.  We apologize for any inconvenience, and assure you that the person responsible has been severely reprimanded... unless said individual happened to be management, in which case a bonus was given instead.

• :belt_onion:

@tgape said:

We apologize for any inconvenience, and assure you that the person responsible has been severely reprimanded... unless said individual happened to be management, in which case a bonus was given instead.
    Again we apologise for the fault in the online banking system. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked. The online banking system has been completed in an entirely different style by the general manager's 15 year old nephew at great expense and at the last minute