00000-8060

• So I went to McDonald's today and I actually looked over the receipt for some reason.

Unfortunately I wasn't thinking and threw it away (else I'd take a picture) but in the address area it said:

Mt Holly, New Jersey 00000-8060

FYI the zip code for Mt Holly is 08060. Oops.

[Edit: And what's with having to insert my own <p> tags to get paragraph breaks? Did I accidentally post this on Slashdot or something?]

• The editor needs javascript.

But with the editor, you can only do paragraph breaks, not line breaks, so there is a helpful "HTML" button for editing the html.

Note: forum isn't even slightly vulnerable to crafting false posts by abusing the HTML editor. No-sir-ee. There is no Signature Guy. Nuh-uh.

And not forgetting the random double-backspace issue. Who only wants to delete one character?

• @Thief^ said:

But with the editor, you can only do paragraph breaks, not line breaks, so there is a helpful "HTML" button for editing the html.

Shift + Enter = <br>

• @RoBorg said:

Shift + Enter = <br>

Common in all browsers that do ContentEditable.

• Someone wasn't paying attention when they configured their receipt system.

Related:  I have some receipts marked Dunkin' Domuts...

• There's no rich editor in Chrome, just a textarea. :(

• @The MAZZTer said:

There's no rich editor in Chrome, just a textarea. :(

Yup.

This forum has no love for Chrome.

• @dhromed said:

Name one human who does

• @belgariontheking said:

@dhromed said:
    Name one human who does

The forum software is sentient now?

• @Thief^ said:

And not forgetting the random double-backspace issue. Who only wants to delete one character?

It's really hard to tell, because I type fast and it's unconscious enough that I can't always say exactly what I've just done, but it certainly seems like when it happens to me, it's always after I've just mistyped a word and started on the next word, deleted it and gone back, fixed the previous word and started typing agian, typo'd the first letter of the second word and deleted it, and bang! goes the inter-word space.  I think it's some kind of misbegotten attempt at trimming trailing whitespace.