Race != Ethnic Category != Ethnic Group Status

• Application

Am I missing something here? If the first time wasn't enough, I'd figure... just maybe... the second would be?

The application continues in this way in other places as well. *sigh* Isn't testing a site a part of deployment these days?

• To answer your question: No

• Heh, that looks like a registration site for a white supremacist group.

•  If I wasn't so laid-back and relaxed, I'd say this was insensitive and ignorant as to be offensive. :D

• @DOA said:

Heh, that looks like a registration site for a white supremacist group.

LOL, yeh

@recruiter said:
    Are you white?

@new initiate said:
    Yeah, sure.
    @recruiter said:
    But you're not a latino, are you?

@new initiate said:
    No, no way!
    @recruiter said:
    Are you really sure you're not a latino?

@new initiate said:
    Yes, dammit, I just told you
    @recruiter said:
    And you're definitely white, yeah?

@new initiate said:
    YES, jeeze, how many times do I have to tell you?

@recruiter said:
    Oh, just four, we have to make sure.  You're in, here's your pillow case

• That is seriously WTF.

If you scroll down the top menu, does it also include "Gipsy", "Communist" or "Gay"?

• @Arancaytar said:

That is seriously WTF.

If you scroll down the top menu, does it also include "Gipsy", "Communist" or "Gay"?

That's patently ridiculous!  Gay isn't a race, it's a mental disorder!

•  Wouldn't Ethnic Group Status be something along the lines of ["oppressed", "oppressor", "mostly ignored","stereotyped as being smart or having some sort of magical powers", "feared"]?

• Actually, this looks like a badly done attempt to collect demographics that follow US Government standard. This is how the Feds collect their data, with "Race" typically being Black/White/Asian/Native American or Alaskan Native/Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander and a follow-up question asking if you are of Hispanic/Latino/Spanish-speaking origin. The "Ethnic Group Status" is then (typically) a calculated variable: White (Non-Hispanic), White (Hispanic) and so on...

This distinction has been in place since the mid- to late-1980s. So... in this case, as in so many, TRWTF == the US Congress.

• @vt_mruhlin said:

Wouldn't Ethnic Group Status be something along the lines of ["oppressed", "oppressor", "mostly ignored","stereotyped as being smart or having some sort of magical powers", "feared"]?

He he, you made my day. Nice one!

Off topic: let's see how the quoted brackets survive... 

• "Why Rhett, how many times have I tole you to wash your hands after a weekly cross burnin'? See, it's comin' off."

• @vt_mruhlin said:

Wouldn't Ethnic Group Status be something along the lines of [ . . . ] "stereotyped as being smart or having some sort of magical powers" [ . . . ]

Ethnic Group Status includes "being an elf"?  That one must be for the online gamers.