I hate this. fix it already!

• I just ran a SQL Reporting Services report created by Microsoft, and I found an interesting tooltip on one of the headers.

If you have an installation of Microsoft CRM, you can download the report and see it for yourself: http://www.codeplex.com/crmaccelerators/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=20449

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/hspezc.png[/IMG]

•  This guy does not seem to be a Microsoftie. He does not give you enough information about himself. Anyway, CodePlay is MS's interpretation of the SF theme.

• So you are picking on a tooltip in a free, open source community?

About CodePlex
    CodePlex is Microsoft's open source project hosting web site. Start a new project, join an existing one, or download software created by the community.

Microsoft does not control, review, revise, endorse or distribute the third party projects on this site. Microsoft is hosting the CodePlex site solely as a web storage site as a service to the developer community.

• @hallo.amt said:

CodePlay is MS's interpretation of the SF theme.

CodePlex is a MS-centric open source community.

• @Farmer Brown said:

So you are picking on a tooltip in a free, open source community?

I very much doubt that developers who don't work for Microsoft developed this add-on for Microsoft CRM in their spare time. Or maybe you mean that just because it's free software, it's above criticism?

• @A Wizard A True Star said:

I very much doubt that developers who don't work for Microsoft developed this add-on for Microsoft CRM in their spare time. Or maybe you mean that just because it's free software, it's above criticism?

Indeed, it's on CodePlex, so developers who don't work for Microsoft did indeed develop this add-on for Microsoft CRM in their spare time. Only about 1 or 2 projects there are Microsoft's, and they generally don't touch them.

I very much doubt that developers who don't work for Microsoft developed this add-on

I'm sorry. Did you not read the site or the quoted portions of the site I posted above?

• @Kyanar said:

Only about 1 or 2 projects there are Microsoft's, and they generally don't touch them.

Errm, nope, a significant amount of the projects on CodePlex are in fact Microsoft's (~400 out of ~7000). The easy way to check is to look at the project's "People" tab. If a co-ordinator called "Microsoft" shows up, then it is a Microsoft project

Here is said page for the project in question here.

• @Farmer Brown said:

@A Wizard A True Star said:
    I very much doubt that developers who don't work for Microsoft developed this add-on

I'm sorry. Did you not read the site or the quoted portions of the site I posted above?

I'm sorry. Are you just an ass? As mallard pointed out, several hundred projects on CodePlex are developed by Microsoft. Check out the link he posted. The "reubenk" on that page is [url="http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/pages/bio-reuben-krippner.aspx"]Reuben Krippner[/url], who indeed works for Microsoft.

@Farmer Brown said:

I'm sorry. Are you just an ass? As mallard pointed out, several hundred projects on CodePlex are developed by Microsoft. Check out the link he posted. The "reubenk" on that page is Reuben Krippner, who indeed works for Microsoft.

He's just trolling you.  Your best bet is to ignore him.

@Farmer Brown said:

I'm sorry. Are you just an ass? As mallard pointed out, several hundred projects on CodePlex are developed by Microsoft. Check out the link he posted. The "reubenk" on that page is Reuben Krippner, who indeed works for Microsoft.

While it's true that many of the projects there are done by people at microsoft (even done as a paid project at microsoft), it is pretty well known that the standards for a project to be put on codeplex is much lower than than most of the other distribution channels that Microsoft has.  Think of codeplex as a place for Microsoft to share ideas, utilities, and libraries that they don't really want to write entire test suites for and promise backwards compatibility for the next x years.