FedEx Status

• Just checked the status of a parcel on FedEx's website, but the path of delivery seems a little strange... 

CN->HK->FR->GB->TN ? The best part being the FedEx vehicle which travelled from GB to TN in just over 6 hours.

Is this normal for a FedEx delivery?

• GB and TN are in different time zones.

• @spike_tt said:

GB and TN are in different time zones.

That's true, but it's still odd to consider an aircraft the delivery vehicle-- unless FedEx is throwing packages out on parachutes now.

•  It's not that odd. if i am doing my time math correctly GB (UTC) is 6 hours ahead of TN (UTC-6) so what looks like 6 hours to you and me really took 12 hours in real time. someone please correct me if i am wrong.

• @ajp said:

It's not that odd. if i am doing my time math correctly GB (UTC) is 6 hours ahead of TN (UTC-6) so what looks like 6 hours to you and me really took 12 hours in real time. someone please correct me if i am wrong.

Sounds right to me. Not all of Tennessee is UTC - 6, but Memphis is.

• I assumed that worldwide shipment companies would use a standard time format regardless of where your shipment was. For example, UTC+0, and then alter the time displayed based on the country your accessing the Fedex server from. 

Oh, and here's a latest log to throw more confusion into the mix:

• It's quite simple, the Mephis line was added to the wrong log.

Without it it is sensible.

• @Mole said:

I assumed that worldwide shipment companies would use a standard time format regardless of where your shipment was. For example, UTC+0, and then alter the time displayed based on the country your accessing the Fedex server from

The Fedex backend system does use standard time for all routing (Zulu/GMT), the web app just tries to translate to whatever locale you have set when you visit the website.  the Memphis scan came in because some bonehead sent the wrong container tag on an inbound flight to Memphis and they just did an inbound scan for whatever came in on the flight.

• @operagost said:

unless FedEx is throwing packages out on parachutes now

I just ordered a computer from Digital Storm, and twice, FedEx managed to smash the machine so hard that you couldn't get past the POST.

What makes you think they use parachutes?

• Memphis (and the suburb Collierville) is FedEx's main US hub and headquarters. Assuming the final location is not further toward the west coast, this is probably the point where it when frolm being air frieght to delivery truck.

• @BlueKnot said:

Memphis (and the suburb Collierville) is FedEx's main US hub and headquarters. Assuming the final location is not further toward the west coast, this is probably the point where it when frolm being air frieght to delivery truck.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here: I sincerely doubt it switched to a delivery truck for the trip from Memphis to Great Britain.

• @bstorer said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here: I sincerely doubt it switched to a delivery truck for the trip from Memphis to Great Britain.

Filed under: The Atlantic Ocean cannot stop curses
    But can the Atlantic Ocean stop FedEx delivery trucks?

• @AssimilatedByBorg said:

@bstorer said:

Filed under: The Atlantic Ocean cannot stop curses
    But can the Atlantic Ocean stop FedEx delivery trucks?

Depends. How hard are you throwing it?

• Only the Ultimate Traffic Stopper: A Police Roadblock can stop a FedEx delivery truck.

Unless it is called Sunrise W12.

• So it left the FedEx in Paris before it arrived there?

• @bstorer said:

@BlueKnot said:

Memphis (and the suburb Collierville) is FedEx's main US hub and headquarters. Assuming the final location is not further toward the west coast, this is probably the point where it when frolm being air frieght to delivery truck.

My bad, read it wrong; didn't see the return to GB. Thought the WTF was the local time thing, not the strange detour.

• Re: FedEx Blowjob

@Mole said:

Just checked the [b]blowjob[/b] of a parcel on FedEx's website, but the path of delivery seems a little strange... 

CN->HK->FR->GB->TN ? The best part being the FedEx vehicle which travelled from GB to TN in just over 6 hours.

Is this normal for a FedEx delivery?

[url]http://ww.thedailywtf.com/Articles/Status,-Please.aspx[/url]

Fixed it for you.

• @OperatorBastardusInfernalis said:

Only the Ultimate Traffic Stopper: A Police Roadblock can stop a FedEx delivery truck.

Unless it is called Sunrise W12.

Filed under: Big Rigs

Unless the big rigs were racing over the road, in which case the police would be nonexistent and the trucks would simply pass through any obstacles (aside from easily reaching Mach 1.000.000 in reverse).

Damn, I love that game.

• @Thief^ said:

It's quite simple, the Mephis line was added to the wrong log.

Without it it is sensible.

Not inconthievable ... gaim (back when it was still gaim -- one hopes this is fixed now) had a bizarre bug where conversations would be recorded into the wrong person's chat log. I seem to recall that it would even take one person's log file and start writing another person's conversations to it.

•  I love those reports. I mostly use UPS, but it's basically the same. I once had a package that needed to go from USA to NL and they managed to ship it 3 times over the atlantic. (all in the same day even)

It was basically something like.  USA -> NL -> USA -> DE -> NL, although i guess they just had some problems at customs or something.  Just goes to show, that international shippings still has some way to go before becoming really really fast. If everything had gone right without any delay i would have had my package 6 hours after ordering. Which would have been pretty sweet.