WTF site



  • I am not even sure how someone fails this much at a site layout, especially someone advertising their CSS work, but enjoy: http://www.freundlichs.com/



  •  

    The Wonderful Thing About Triggers

    -by Rob Freundlich

    An ode to SQL

    with apologies to A. A. Milne ...

    The wonderful thing about triggers<br>
    
    Is triggers are wonderful things!<br>
    
    Their tops are made of INSERTs<br>
    
    Their bottoms index things!<br>
    
    They're fancy-pantsy, schmansy, ANSI<br>
    
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!<br>
    
    The wonderful thing about triggers is<br>
    
    They UPDATE on the run!


  • @tfa said:

    Rob is currently employed as a Software Engineer at Symantec.

    That would explain so very much...



  •  @Farmer Brown said:

    I am not even sure how someone fails this much at a site layout, especially someone advertising their CSS work

    It works in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox or Chrome.  Does that explain it?



  • @MiffTheFox said:

    Internet Explorer

    You use what???



  • @Farmer Brown said:

    [quote user="MiffTheFox"]Internet Explorer

    You use what???[/quote]

    It's called Internet Explorer, MPS. It's a browser, like Firefox. Some people use it.

    Personally, I use it (version 8 only, because it's so much nicer), and millions of others do too. Get over yourself.



  • @Kyanar said:

    Get over yourself.

    I think you might want to follow your own advice.



  • This entire thread is just another pathetic attempt by MPS to troll another member of the forums because he's still bitter over being banned for his obnoxiously retarded behavior.  So just like a brain-damaged toddler he's running around and banging his pot and making as much noise as possible, because if he's not allowed to sit with the adults then he has to ruin it for everyone else.

     

    Please go back to your meaningless little life you sad child and leave the people who want to enjoy this community alone.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Please go back to your meaningless little life you sad child and leave the people who want to enjoy this community alone.

    Ahh, I have a thread being derailed by morbiuswilters, now I am a real forum member!



  • @Farmer Brown said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    Please go back to your meaningless little life you sad child and leave the people who want to enjoy this community alone.

    Ahh, I have a thread being derailed by morbiuswilters, now I am a real forum member!

    You were banned for derailing every thread for a period of 6 months straight, so now you're just tossing out the accusation against me in an attempt to get me banned as well?  Do you really not see how much more pleasant the forums became when you were booted?  Even if I am banned, will that finally make you feel better?  Christ you take this shit way too seriously...  You're obviously a deranged stalker nutjob.

     

    Listen, I'm going to keep tossing out jokes or whatever, because that is part of having conversations and part of what this community does.  I know that interaction with others of your own species is a problem for you, but if you put down the box of fried chicken and leave your filthy little hole and actually bother trying to interact with people instead of just talking down to them, you might have more success.

     

    This is a place where people talk and conversations can take many turns, most of them unexpected.  You've already found Stack Overflow which is a place where you can talk down to people and "earn" some quantity of CRED to compensate for your insecurities and obsess over how you measure up against other people.  That's not what TDWTF is, and although you are trying to troll and spam your way to a high post count again, nobody really gives a shit.  There's no meaningless currency here that you can earn to fill the empty void that is your sad little life, so please move on.  Thanks.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    ...incoherent babbling...

    Did you forget to take your meds again?



  • I am a little confused.  dhomed finally got around to locking the smoking thread.  But MPS is still left to spam the rest of the forums with shit.  Someone needs to get to work this weekend and add IP banning to community server so that Alex can actually get rid of this guy for a while.



  •  Don't feed the troll.



  • @tster said:

    Someone needs to get to work this weekend and add IP banning to community server so that Alex can actually get rid of this guy for a while.
     

    User banning will at least slow him down for the minute it takes to fill out the registration form and validate his email. IP banning would more likely keep him at bay for 10 seconds... 2, if he uses something like Tor. There's no possible way to keep anyone out of the forum, except by closing it.



  • @tster said:

    Someone needs to get to work this weekend and add IP banning to community server
    so that Alex can actually get rid of this guy for a while.

    Or at least fix user banning so it works the first time...



  • @Farmer Brown said:

    @MiffTheFox said:
    Internet Explorer

    You use what???
     

    Yes, I have Internet Explorer on my laptop.  It's a Windows laptop that I use for web development and I have to test sites in IE.

    I was simply testing that site with every browser I could get access to in five minutes.  Not testing in IE is a WTF all on it's own.



  • @MiffTheFox said:

    @Farmer Brown said:

    @MiffTheFox said:
    Internet Explorer

    You use what???
     

    Yes, I have Internet Explorer on my laptop.  It's a Windows laptop that I use for web development and I have to test sites in IE.

    I was simply testing that site with every browser I could get access to in five minutes.  Not testing in IE is a WTF all on it's own.

    MPS / Farmer Brown is a professional troll.  By replying to him, you just give him the attention he so desperately craves. 



  • @Farmer Brown said:

    @MiffTheFox said:
    Internet Explorer

    You use what???
    Final proof you're MPS. He's the only one blurting "Get a real browser" to anyone complaining about the WYSIWYG editor.



  • @Spectre said:

    @tster said:
    Someone needs to get to work this weekend and add IP banning to community server
    so that Alex can actually get rid of this guy for a while.

    Or at least fix user banning so it works the first time...

    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.

     



  • @danixdefcon5 said:

    @Farmer Brown said:

    @MiffTheFox said:
    Internet Explorer
    You use what???
    Final proof you're MPS. He's the only one blurting "Get a real browser" to anyone complaining about the WYSIWYG editor.

    Or anyone else for that matter...



  • @MiffTheFox said:

    Not testing in IE is a WTF all on it's own.

    Hmmm. I would say making a site that specifically only works in IE is also a WTF.

    Regardless, way to take a joke.



  • @DaveK said:

    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.
    Wonder if we can get the SpaceShipOne guys to fling it into the sun...


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.