Error'd: Canadian house for sale; location: Indian Ocean

• From the Canadian real estate website, www.realtor.ca: a property nowhere near Canada.  Address and property ID blacked out for anonymity... but trust me, had a valid address:

I'm not sure who caused this particular WTF, but the latitude & longitude looks suspiciously like they've been negated... e.g., x North, y West became x South, y East.

Edit: the red dot shows the property's "location", or at least, that's what it's supposed to do.

•  Not really familiar with global coordinates, but wouldn't east-west south-north mixup be caused by taking the negative of the variable (sorry for the poor expression, I just mean -x)

• @dtech said:

Not really familiar with global coordinates, but wouldn't east-west south-north mixup be caused by taking the negative of the variable (sorry for the poor expression, I just mean -x)

Yes, that's correct, I was just stating it a different way.

Some additional context: at some point in the past, the property showed up at the correct location... who knows what changed in between.

The www.realtor.ca went live in October or so, replacing www.mls.ca, and has been filled with little WTFs, mostly around the mapping feature, with houses showing up in the wrong place on the map.  And I don't mean off by a couple hundred feet, but the wrong road, wrong city, and now, even the wrong hemisphere! 

If the realtors were able to provide actual coordinates, I'd hope they'd check the results and adjust if necessary.  The fact that there's so many screwups in the system makes me think that the computer system is badly broken (shocking, I know...) and individual realtors are only able to provide addresses, and are powerless to fix address-to-coordinates errors.

•  Or they enter the coordinates in the format latitude dash value, longitude dash value sometimes. Add a crappy parser and Canada's inundated.