Smartphonemag.com

• I know this is an ancient link, but I can't find a reference on here. 

I opened http://www.smartphonemag.com/awards_2007/category.asp?catid=45#InternetRelayChat in Firefox 3.0.4, and was greeted by a wall of seemingly control characters, with a few pictures embedded.  Thinking it was a browser issue, I opened it in IE7, which displayed a valid-looking HTML page.  So I decided to look at the page source.  Turns out that it's sending the full ASP source, which Firefox displays as a single line (which is why I didn't recognise it immediately, not on as little sleep as I had last night), IE7 apparently just discards the non-HTML part.

•  Seems like there are more WTFs to come:

' To update this page for 2007 etc., change "Product.Nom2007" in the SQL query to the appropriate field.

•  I wonder how long untill someone alters the page to call ExecuteSQL("DROP TABLE product")

• And still the WTFs come...

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT  ...

• @rosko said:

And still the WTFs come...

Not a WTF. Google for it. It is valid syntax, and is apparently recommended in certain circumstances.

• @zokar said:

@rosko said:
    And still the WTFs come...

Not a WTF. Google for it. It is valid syntax, and is apparently recommended in certain circumstances.

Except that it's a dirty hack to allow views and subqueries to be ordered. It is probably used in the SQL on this page because the developer got an error when trying to do a union of two SQL select statements, not realising that the correct syntax is just to put the order by clause at the end of the statement (as it orders the union, not the parts).