Www.adultedificefinder.com

•  Post seen on another forum, in a thread discussing Match.com:

I work with them.

True story: we were testing out some new ad sponsorships and to get live data testing, we created a test account in production. To create it we had to fill out the basic info, so we just called it "IAC" (the company that owns match). The profile pic was just a picture of the IAC Building in NYC. The description was something like "hello, I am a building. My daddy was Frank Geahry, and I am very pretty and sparkly. I have 9 floors and an award-winning stairwell. People have compared me to an iceberg and plastic bag blowing in the wind" stuff like that. Under age we put 66, the age of IAC president Barry Diller (we would have put the actual age of the building but you can't select 3 years old). Basically just fucking around because it's all you can do in this job to stop yourself from jumping out a window. Had it activated and then waited to collect data.

Anyhow a few days later my co-worker tells me to come over...we check out the site and our account has like over a hundred hits...but what was funnier was that it had like 6 winks, all from guys, who had written to our building telling them about themselves and asking if we wanted to go out on a date some time.

Yes, there are people on that site who hit on buildings.

• I cannot say that I know Match.com personally, but isn't this kind of spam stuff pretty commonplace on social networks? What would make Match.com any less vulnerable to this?

I don't see the humor here.

On a related note: I got some spam in my email today that was spelled wrong. Should I share?

• @Farmer Brown said:

I cannot say that I know Match.com personally, but isn't this kind of spam stuff pretty commonplace on social networks? What would make Match.com any less vulnerable to this?

I don't see the humor here.

Imagine a building having a crush on you.

On a related note: I got some spam in my email today that was spelled wrong. Should I share?

Probably not. Only if it's really funny. 

• @Ilya Ehrenburg said:

Imagine a building having a crush on you.

Well, that could surely happen. I know at least two buildings in NYC that had a crush on lots of people.

• Does match.com at least have a reasonable policy towards pre-marital relations?  I tried to hook up with the eharmony building, but it told me it was saving itself until marriage... 

•  Am I the only one who read the subject as www.adultorificefinder.com ?

• @cconroy said:

Am I the only one who read the subject as www.adultorificefinder.com ?

No, but I often see the word "orifice" in place of other words.  Which probably explains my lifetime ban from Office Depot...

• @cconroy said:

Am I the only one who read the subject as www.adultorificefinder.com ?

Awww crap. Cancel my subscription please.

• cancel mine too

its wtf@adultorificefinder.com

and plz send me the codes