• Sorry for the large size...

wtf!

• @Zadkiel said:

Sorry for the large size...
    No, you're not.

• @Zadkiel said:

That's what I said!  To her!

• I think Channel 4 On-Demand (4oD) is a great idea but the underlying P2P engine Kontiki should really die in a fire. And the whole Windows Media Player based approach. The BBC iPlayer (not the Flash-based version, but the "classic" one) is using the same technology and it sucks too. They should really make a Flash or Silverlight based version.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Zadkiel said:

That's what I said!  To her!

Did you at least flush it down?

• @DrJokepu said:

...or Silverlight based version.

Please, no.

• @Moz said:

@DrJokepu said:

Please, no.

You registered just so you could post a lame anti-ms comment?

• @dtech said:

@Moz said:

@DrJokepu said:

Please, no.

You registered just so you could post a lame anti-ms comment?

And upload a rockin' avatar.  Check out that 'stache!

• Have you tried ITV's version that uses Silverlight?

That's appalling !!! You can't skip to a point in the programme properly - they stuff ads in , badly, forcing you to watch them , several times if the stupid thing crashes (which it will ).

Caching is terrible, there's no resume function if you leave the programme. 

Quite franky the BBC version (flash) is so far superiour to  ITV's poor effort -I'm happy to put up with the slight clunkiness of the download option . 4od is OK , the online watching is a bit hit and miss as it tends to freeze a bit - but the horrid thing is you have to log in , it just feels a bit , well, cheesy for some reason.

• @UriGagarin said:

they stuff ads in , badly, forcing you to watch them , several times if the stupid thing crashes (which it will ).

Chanels supported by advertising generally will do this (c4 does as well). iPlayer doesnt due to the unique way that the BBC is funded...

Saying that never used the itv option, got used to the iPlayer and whenever I try anything else it just doesnt cut it... I believe that most free stations are signed up to project kangaroo now anyway? Which is (I hear) headed up by the guy that pulled the iPlayer out of the bin when the first version turned out to be a steaming pile of poop.