The Goggles

• Could anybody post a link to the thread where the "My Eyes!  The Goggles!  They do nothing!!!" inside joke was started?  I know where most of the other inside jokes are from, but I haven't been able to find the goggles.  Thanks.

• Dunno where it was first posted on these forums, but the quote is originally from a Simpsons episode. Reiner Wolfcastle gets swept away by a bunch of toxic waste and screams the line in a thick Austrian accent. Dunno if you knew that or not, but, you know, FYI.

• @Albatross said:

Could anybody post a link to the thread where the "My Eyes!  The Goggles!  They do nothing!!!" inside joke was started?  I know where most of the other inside jokes are from, but I haven't been able to find the goggles.  Thanks.

The joke (which is more of a meme, really) doesn't come from the daily wtf, it's traveled on several boards (not the smaller being 4chan) and originates, as the previous poster explained it, from an episode of The Simpsons.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.