Wooden table v2.0

• This is not a huge WTF I suppose, but ten minutes later and I'm still thinking 'why would someone do that?' so I'm going to share it with you.
    <br/ >

This guy I'm working on a contract for just sent me the stuff I need to turn his "web designer"s so-called 'design' into XHTML/CSS as said designer too lazy and/or retarded to figure out the extremely straightforward templating system the application uses. I know for a fact that the designer sends him the graphics as PSD, which means that the guy I'm working for must have done the following:
    <br/ >

• Opened the PSD in Photoshop
    • Saved it as a JPEG
    • Opened it in is browser
    • Taken a screenshot
    • Saved screenshot as a low quality JPEG
    • Printed out said JPEG
    • Repeated this for 20 or so pages
    • Placed 20 or so pages into a large envelope
    • Mailed them to me

I am speechless. I was tempted to email him for the original PSDs but I didn't want to hurt his feelings seeing as he put so much effort into this, so I sent an email to the designer and thankfully got a bunch of PSDs and SWFs from him.

I wish I could show you the 'design', which is another huge WTF in itself. The 'centrepiece' is a huge grainy SWF that contains the name of the company in flashing, glittering pink text. The rest of the site is similarly hideous.

• Garbage Person

By the sounds of things, it probably looked better after going through that.

Also, just for my personal reference, do you happen to know if this "designer" went to any formal art or design school, and if so, which one? 

• @cablecar said:

I am speechless. I was tempted to email him for the original PSDs but I didn't want to hurt his feelings seeing as he put so much effort into this, so I sent an email to the designer and thankfully got a bunch of PSDs and SWFs from him.
    The problem with this is that, since you obviously did such a good job with the pictures he printed out and mailed you, he's going to keep doing that (with you and everyone else he works with) every time he needs something changed on the website — and no amount of complaining will ever again truly persuade him that this won't really work, since he has personal evidence that it does!

• @vyznev said:

@cablecar said:

The problem with this is that, since you obviously did such a good job with the pictures he printed out and mailed you, he's going to keep doing that (with you and everyone else he works with) every time he needs something changed on the website — and no amount of complaining will ever again truly persuade him that this won't really work, since he has personal evidence that it does!

... What have I done?

• @cablecar said:

... What have I done?

It took me a few moments to figure out you meant a dawning realization and horror "What have I done?" rather than the sassy guilt-deflecting reflex "What have I done?".

English is a crazy language...

• I got his intent of horror right away.... look on the bright side: more WTFs will likely be coming your way (it's free entertainment for YOU)

• @snoofle said:

I got his intent of horror right away.... look on the bright side: more WTFs will likely be coming your way (it's free entertainment for YOU)

Read is tag, I am detecting a big of sarcasm since he knows that he will never have to deal with this idiot again.

• @cablecar said:

@vyznev said:

@cablecar said:

... What have I done? I drank what? (Socrates 469 BC–399 BC)

FTFY

• @RobFreundlich said:

@cablecar said:

... What have I done? I drank what? (Socrates 469 BC–399 BC)

FTFY

A lulz for you, sir.