BOFH MFD WTF TLA



  • So, sly reference or cosmic acronym coincidence?

     

    "No, that's what a toner cartridge costs," the Boss responds.
    "Apparently the contract that my predecessor signed gives the [b]MFD[/b]
    outfit exclusive rights to all the company's printing at 1.25 p a page
    and includes all expenses apart from paper and toner cartridges. No one
    thought of checking the toner cartridge cost. The company either goes
    paperless or the IT department will go bankrupt."

    Discuss/disembowel amongst yourselves.



  •  An MFD is a multi-function device, typically some combination of scanner/printer/copier/fax/microwave oven/cure for cancer/cause of cancer.  Seriously, nobody would pay for Mandatory Fun Day; that's why they made it mandatory in the first place.



  • @bstorer said:

     An MFD is a multi-function device, typically some combination of scanner/printer/copier/fax/microwave oven/cure for cancer/cause of cancer. 

     

     Darn.  That makes sense.  My acronym analysis device must need a service pack.

     @bstorer said:

    Seriously, nobody would pay for Mandatory Fun Day; that's why they made it mandatory in the first place.

    In all fairness, the MFD company in the article was an inept, greedy, scum-filled vendor, so you can understand my jumping to conclusions... =)

     

     

     



  •  Oh wait, MFD is gone. I hadn't noticed.



  • @dhromed said:

    Oh wait, MFD is gone. I hadn't noticed.
    It's kinda like when your headache goes away.  You don't really notice until you're like "hey didn't I have a headache a half hour ago?"



  • @belgariontheking said:

    @dhromed said:

    Oh wait, MFD is gone. I hadn't noticed.
    It's kinda like when your headache goes away.  You don't really notice until you're like "hey didn't I have a headache a half hour ago?"

    And I'm sure that, like any professional headache, it will reveal to only have taken a short hiatus.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    @dhromed said:

    Oh wait, MFD is gone. I hadn't noticed.
    It's kinda like when your headache goes away.  You don't really notice until you're like "hey didn't I have a headache a half hour ago?"

     

    I see what you did there.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    @dhromed said:
    Oh wait, MFD is gone. I hadn't noticed.
    It's kinda like when your headache goes away.  You don't really notice until you're like "hey didn't I have a headache a half hour ago?"

    I think it's more like when your herpes go away.  You don't really notice until you're like "hey, I can spread my herpes again without anyone being the wiser!" 


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.