Defragmenting Weather

•  I was going to check the weather on a local TV station website, and noticed that there was what appeared to be a windows command prompt box in one of the weather radar thumbnails... I clicked on it and sure enough, a defragment program was running...

They already caught it and took it down, but I did grab the radar image while it was up.

Doppler 8000 CMD Prompt

• Always good to see front page material.

•  I'm sure this was all part of some cunning plan by Executive Software International to achieve some sweet product placement.

•  A couple of years ago, I got a similar issue on another site. (The Brussel's public transport site it you want to know.)

I asked for an itinerary, and it showed me the map. Unfortunately, the map was covered by a dialog box. ("The system is low on resources" IIRC.)

That's one of the reasons why you should never use Windows on a server.

•  Yes, because "X server has quit due to an unexpected error" is soo much better

• @dtech said:

Yes, because "X server has quit due to an unexpected error" is soo much better

Or "Insert FONTS into DF0:", which I used to see on our cable network's "Preview channel" on a regular basis. :)

• @Wolftaur said:

Or "Insert FONTS into DF0:", which I used to see on our cable network's "Preview channel" on a regular basis. :)

Wouldn't that be "Please insert volume FONTS in any drive"? Or were they using a different version of AmigaOS than I'm familiar with (because many TV channels used Amiga systems due to its support for Genlock)?

• @Wolftaur said:

@dtech said:

Or "Insert FONTS into DF0:", which I used to see on our cable network's
    "Preview channel" on a regular basis. :)
    Amiga nostalgia FTW!

• @dtech said:

Even though it is a joke, and i do relax, I'm wondering: what's an X server doing on a server machine?

And - why would that message appear on a website graphic? Oh - i see! They take a screenshot, print it,... wooden table, etc, etc..... scan... FTP upload.. profit! And that's exactly how weather websites create radar images.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.