Defragmenting Weather

•  I was going to check the weather on a local TV station website, and noticed that there was what appeared to be a windows command prompt box in one of the weather radar thumbnails... I clicked on it and sure enough, a defragment program was running...

They already caught it and took it down, but I did grab the radar image while it was up.

Doppler 8000 CMD Prompt

• Always good to see front page material.

•  I'm sure this was all part of some cunning plan by Executive Software International to achieve some sweet product placement.

•  A couple of years ago, I got a similar issue on another site. (The Brussel's public transport site it you want to know.)

I asked for an itinerary, and it showed me the map. Unfortunately, the map was covered by a dialog box. ("The system is low on resources" IIRC.)

That's one of the reasons why you should never use Windows on a server.

•  Yes, because "X server has quit due to an unexpected error" is soo much better

• @dtech said:

Yes, because "X server has quit due to an unexpected error" is soo much better

Or "Insert FONTS into DF0:", which I used to see on our cable network's "Preview channel" on a regular basis. :)

• @Wolftaur said:

Or "Insert FONTS into DF0:", which I used to see on our cable network's "Preview channel" on a regular basis. :)

Wouldn't that be "Please insert volume FONTS in any drive"? Or were they using a different version of AmigaOS than I'm familiar with (because many TV channels used Amiga systems due to its support for Genlock)?

• @Wolftaur said:

@dtech said:

Amiga nostalgia FTW!

• @dtech said:

Even though it is a joke, and i do relax, I'm wondering: what's an X server doing on a server machine?

And - why would that message appear on a website graphic? Oh - i see! They take a screenshot, print it,... wooden table, etc, etc..... scan... FTP upload.. profit! And that's exactly how weather websites create radar images.