Ektron Thread



  • Many months ago I suffered the indignities of having to use ektron on a project. Seeking to unburden myself I posted here, on this very board, and many many people chimed in to say yes, indeed, ektron is an atrocity and people should be warned. But along the way several weenies complained that the thread should be closed, and eventually the weenies won and the thread is closed.

    Basically you cannot google for "ektron sucks" and find the thread. A very valueable public service was lost because certain mental patients care whether a thread should be closed or not. Next time you feel the urge to complain about a thread being open too long I suggest you drop an anvil on your genitials. Or better yet implement an ektron cms yourself and then commit suicide, because it will drive you to it.



  • There are many other sites that come up when you search ektron sucks.  Was this one better than all those?

    It's probably not indexed because it's not close to the front anymore.  There's been an influx of new threads here, which push that one back.  I realize that may be a direct result of the locking (noone could rez it and keep it near the front).

    For SEO, you could put a link to the thread in your sig or blog.  Or even in your OP.



  • @belgariontheking said:

     

    For SEO, you could put a link to the thread in your sig or blog.  Or even in your OP.

    Or he could stop whining and make his own Ektron Sucks site, like we suggested to begin with.



  •  I can't find anything on this forum about ektron.  Was the entire thread deleted?



  • @tster said:

     I can't find anything on this forum about ektron.  Was the entire thread deleted?

    It looks like it, which is odd.  I can't find any record of it anywhere, including a cursory glance through my posting history.  See chebrock?  The problem wasn't that it was closed, it's that it was completely purged.



  • @bstorer said:

    it was completely purged
    This is a sad day.  That thread was awesome.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    @bstorer said:

    it was completely purged
    This is a sad day.  That thread was awesome.

    We can only assume it was devoured by the sun god, ammoQ, because we did not worship him properly.  We must paint ourselves with calf's blood and sacrifice one virgin to his honor at the next full moon.  Shouldn't be too hard to find a virgin 'round these parts, I reckon.



  • @bstorer said:

    Shouldn't be too hard to find a virgin 'round these parts, I reckon.

    He was banned, IIRC. 



  • @bstorer said:

    Or he could stop whining and make his own Ektron Sucks site, like we suggested to begin with
     

    I'm going to make the best damn "ektron sucks" site ever and then you'll all be sorry you messed with me. You won't have old chebrock to kick around. I'll be rich, rich I tell you, off of the banner ads on my site.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @bstorer said:

    Shouldn't be too hard to find a virgin 'round these parts, I reckon.

    He was banned, IIRC. 

    I<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>HAVE<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>ABSOLUTELY<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>NO<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>IDEA<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>WHO<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>YOU<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>ARE<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>TALKING<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>ABOUT,<font style="font-size: 2pt;">mps</font>SIR!



  • @chebrock said:

    @bstorer said:

    Or he could stop whining and make his own Ektron Sucks site, like we suggested to begin with
     

    I'm going to make the best damn "ektron sucks" site ever and then you'll all be sorry you messed with me. You won't have old chebrock to kick around. I'll be rich, rich I tell you, off of the banner ads on my site.

    Will there be blackjack and hookers?



  • @bstorer said:

    Will there be blackjack and hookers?

    On the site, or in my new rich and famous lifestyle?



  • @chebrock said:

    @bstorer said:

    Will there be blackjack and hookers?

    On the site, or in my new rich and famous lifestyle?

    I don't care, so long as I can double down and hit on 16, and when that gets tiring, go play some blackjack.



  • @bstorer said:

    I don't care, so long as I can double down and hit on 16, and when that gets tiring, go play some blackjack
     

     ZING. Actually the sad part is I read that last week and didn't get it until I looked at it again today. 


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.