Happy Thanksgiving



  • I got a "come save teh money!!!!1" email from NCIX (kind of a Canadian Newegg, but not) this weekend. It was the standard "savings" and such. Nothing unusual there.

    Except for their banner:

    Hoeing the ho!

     

    A few things:

     1) The almost forgivable historical anachronisms, such as the fact that the Canadian Thanksgiving has nothing to do with pilgrms-- and even if it did, the Canadian flag was created in 1965.

    2) The turkey in the Jurrassic Park-esque raptor holding bay

    3) The guy on the right with the very worried midget.

    4) Worse of all-- wtf is the dude on the left doing that would a) put that look on his face, and b) put that look on her face?

     

     

     



  •  I think the Turkey is on a table, not in a raptor cage.  Still though, in America we generally kill and cook the turkey before that phase.  You Canadians could learn something from us.

     

     



  • Is that a gorilla in the darkness behind the one-eyed winking man?

    TRWTF is that the Thanksgiving Sale is more than a month too early. 



  •  I don't see what the problem is.  This is an accurate representation of day-to-day life in Canada, isn't it?



  • @AlpineR said:

    Is that a gorilla in the darkness behind the one-eyed winking man?

    TRWTF is that the Thanksgiving Sale is more than a month too early. 

    Actually, Thanksgiving is this Monday.



  •  Haha, Yeah I love the monster with the red eyes hiding in the forest. 

     

    And it does look like the guy in the left has a hand up the dress of the girl, and that guy on the right is winking saying: "that's how we do up here in Canada eh", while the child is the son of that girl and is in shock that some a-hole is sticking his hand up his mothers dress!!!

     

     



  • @amischiefr said:

     Haha, Yeah I love the monster with the red eyes hiding in the forest. 
     

    We call him Stephen Harper

    </cheapPoliticalJoke>



  • @vt_mruhlin said:

     I think the Turkey is on a table, not in a raptor cage.  Still though, in America we generally kill and cook the turkey before that phase.  You Canadians could learn something from us.

     

     

     

     

    looks like a turkey o a wodden table with LCDs screens on it.



  •  I



  • @AlpineR said:

    TRWTF is that the Thanksgiving Sale is more than a month too early. 

     

    Too early? You've got to be joking. I saw christmas decorations and shit on sale in Marks and Spencer today - it's never too early for marketing people.

    I just can't wait to buy some chocolate eggs next month... so much to prepare, so little time :(



  • @bstorer said:

     I don't see what the problem is.  This is an accurate representation of day-to-day life in Canada, isn't it?

    Right down to the apparently burning forest-slash-wheat field.



  •  Hahaha, this has had me laughing all morning. The amount of weird things... those canadians, eh? Maybe I'm over-tired, but this image is giving me the giggles.



  •  Looks more like a Halloween sale, and they just put the wrong text on the banner.  (ok, that would not explain the turkey, but still)



  • Thanksgiving in Canada does not fall on the same day as Thanksgiving in the US.

    Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October

    US Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November

    For some reason, it seems that the US celebration is about eating oneself silly while watching 22 men carry a ball around in their hands while pretending to play football.

    Which is actually a sport that the rest of the world knows is played with any part of the body BUT the hands.

    Citizens of the US may know this game as soccer.

    It is unlikely that they will though. Seems that they may be too busy watching said 22 men chase their non-round ball (yes, non round) and not worrying about the debt clock that seems to have run out of digits.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_re_us/odd_national_debt_clock

    And oh, the ball, unlike balls around the rest of the world, is not round.



  • @some.other.guy said:

    trolly troll, newline fail
    There are other balls that are not round.  Do people in the rest of the world not have testicles?

    Also, it's 66 men.  There are three Thanksgiving Day football games now.

    And I've played Soccer since I was 8.  We have the MLS that attracts international players.  Learn a little about American Soccer before you slam Americans for not knowing about it.

    You people call it Soccer too.



  • You people call it Soccer too.




    Ha ha.




    We call it football.
    Not soccer.
    Football.


    And I suspect that American Soccer may not be quite as good as what we are enjoying in Europe or what they have in South America.



    And I see you, quite wisely, decided not to try to tackle the debt clock issue.



  • @some.other.guy said:



    We call it football.
    Not soccer.
    Oh, I thought you were Canadian.  The rest of my flame was based on that.



  • @some.other.guy said:

    You people call it Soccer too.




    And I see you, quite wisely, decided not to try to tackle the debt clock issue.
     

    And why should he?  Is this a fucking political debate now, or is the thread about the silly little add?  Stop trying to hijack the thread troll.



  • @some.other.guy said:

    And I suspect that American Soccer may not be quite as good as what we are enjoying in Europe or what they have in South America.
     

    And I suspect that you don't know WTF you're talking about. 

    @some.other.guy said:

    And I see you, quite wisely, decided not to try to tackle the debt clock issue.
     

    And I see you wisely continued to make your second post as off-topic and assinine as your first. Congratulations, and thanks for letting everyone here know you're just a jackass.

    Having insufficient intelligence to post meaningful content and instead having to stupidly bash something doesn't prove anything except you're worth ignoring. I appreciate your saving me the time I would have wasted figuring it out from your later posts.



  • @some.other.guy said:



    And I see you, quite wisely, decided not to try to tackle the debt clock issue.
    Of course. Tackling is considered a foul in soccer and there's no need to piss off the ref by fouling inanimate objects.



  •  @some.other.guy said:

    For some reason, it seems that the US celebration is about eating oneself silly while watching 22 men carry a ball around in their hands while pretending to play football.

    Which is actually a sport that the rest of the world knows is played with any part of the body BUT the hands.

    Citizens of the US may know this game as soccer.

    It is unlikely that they will though. Seems that they may be too busy watching said 22 men chase their non-round ball (yes, non round) and not worrying about the debt clock that seems to have run out of digits.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/ap_on_re_us/odd_national_debt_clock

    And oh, the ball, unlike balls around the rest of the world, is not round.

    The real WTF is a sanctimonious prick like you who thinks he's had a original, humorous thought, thinks the US national debt is on-topic, and has never heard of Aussie rules football or rugby.



  • @j6cubic said:


    ...Tackling is considered a foul in soccer ...
    Errr, no it isn't.



  • @vr602 said:

    @j6cubic said:


    ...Tackling is considered a foul in soccer ...
    Errr, no it isn't.

    Some kinds are.  Slide tackle's not illegal unless you're playing the man, not the ball.  Of course, it's illegal to tackle someone American-football-style. 

    Also it depends on the level of play.  Referees for youth leagues will call more tightly in an attempt to keep the game safer, whereas for adult leagues they'll just "let 'em play" in a lot of situations.



  • @viraptor said:

    @AlpineR said:

    TRWTF is that the Thanksgiving Sale is more than a month too early. 

     

    Too early? You've got to be joking. I saw christmas decorations and shit on sale in Marks and Spencer today - it's never too early for marketing people.

    I just can't wait to buy some chocolate eggs next month... so much to prepare, so little time :(

    Man, I hate that. "El Palacio de Hierro" put a "Christmas Bazaar" outside the store ... since September. Damn, you can get your Xmas tree even before you get your halloween costumes!



  • @halcyon1234 said:

    4) Worse of all-- wtf is the dude on the left doing that would a) put that look on his face, and b) put that look on her face?

     

     

    A thumb in the bum usual does the trick. 


  • :belt_onion:

    A missive from Mrs. Greybeard:

    This happened to a gentleman of my acquaintance, quite a few years ago.

    This gentleman (call him M) was a professor of biology. At the time, he
    was spending a year teaching at a university in Turkey. When
    Thanksgiving rolled around, he became nostalgic for the typical American
    'do...but, of course, you can't get a turkey in Turkey (at least you
    couldn't back when this story takes place). So a thoughtful friend
    shipped him one.

    Well, typical apartments in Turkey are not equipped with large ovens. M
    was appreciative of the gift, but he had absolutely no way of roasting a
    16-pound bird. So he thought a bit, and came up with a plan.

    M didn't have a car; he had to haul the turkey in to work over the
    weekend on the bus. The poor thing got pretty banged around and battered
    on Turkish public transit. Finally, he got it to his lab...and popped it
    in the autoclave! It roasted up beautifully, and his grad students were
    sworn to secrecy - bribed, of course, with helpings of the exotic
    American bird.

    However, the smell wafted all throughout the building, and it lingered!
    On Monday, several of the higher-ups were very sternly asking the
    biology researchers if they knew anything about somebody's cooking a
    "chicken" on the premises. And everybody was able to respond, with
    perfect truth, that they knew nothing about anybody's cooking a chicken.


  • Grade A Premium Asshole

    @DeLos said in Happy Thanksgiving:

    @halcyon1234 said:

    Hoeing the ho!

    Worse of all-- wtf is the dude on the left doing that would a) put that look on his face, and b) put that look on her face?

     

     

    A thumb in the bum usual does the trick. 

    Now I want to know what the looks on their faces were. hey @Lorne-Kates got the pic stashed anywhere?


  • area_deu

    @amischiefr said in Happy Thanksgiving:

    @some.other.guy said:

    You people call it Soccer too.


    And I see you, quite wisely, decided not to try to tackle the debt clock issue.
     

    And why should he?  Is this a fucking political debate now, or is the thread about the silly little add?  Stop trying to hijack the thread troll.

    Wow, this is waaaay different from last year's WTDWTF.



  • Of course the real question is, how is the debt clock doing?



  • @bugmenot said in Happy Thanksgiving:

    Now I want to know what the looks on their faces were. hey @Lorne-Kates got the pic stashed anywhere?

    It's on my now long-since dead college account.

    I wonder if...

    holy fucking shit someone actually archives these things.

    http://www.thebannervault.com/category/2008/page/2



  • @PleegWat said in Happy Thanksgiving:

    Of course the real question is, how is the debt clock doing?

    I don't know, it got repossessed.



  • @operagost said in Happy Thanksgiving:

    The real WTF is a sanctimonious prick like you

    Eat dead trans-hooker cock, you fuckbag retard.

    ...

    Wow the forum HAS changed a lot in 8 years.



  • 0_1480075995775_thanksgiving.png

    Only on WTDWTF.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.