The Daily WTF WTF (for real this time!)



  • Open the front page (preferably with IE with the popup blocker disabled). Enter something into the search box at the top right. Search.

    If you're like me, you'll be treated with a neverending chain of popups with the (same) search results.

    Bonus WTF: if javascript is disabled, there are no search results at all.



  • Works fine here in IE7 both on forum and main page search. O.o



  • Interesting; this is on IE8b2, however.

    It appears that this line is causing the problem:

    [code] <body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000" link="#0000ff" vlink="#663399" alink="#0000ff" topmargin=2 marginheight=2 <br> onload="if (parent != window) {
    window.top.location='http://thedailywtf.com/gsearchresults.aspx?cx\x3dpartner-pub-6897220306923822%3A1tzivk-jgcp\x26cof\x3dFORID%3A10\x26ie\x3dISO-8859-1\x26q\x3dWTF%3F#'+document.body.scrollHeight;
    }"> [/code]

    Although surely it isn't supposed to open a new window, hm?



  • [url=http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta&mid=4968d412-a9c8-4c5c-96f4-e8ba20e95864&sloc=en-us]Aha[/url].

    So TDWTF comes through unscathed, once more. But I'll get you, eventually!



  • @Microsoft said:

    Warning: This page requires the use of scripts, which your browser does not currently allow.
    Yep, that's a WTF alright.



  • @lolwtf said:

    @Microsoft said:
    Warning: This page requires the use of scripts, which your browser does not currently allow.
    Yep, that's a WTF alright.

    Boohoo.  Seriously, we've been over this many times: if you intentionally cripple your browser whining about a degraded experience is moronic and makes you look like a child. 



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    if you intentionally cripple your browser whining about a degraded experience is moronic and makes you look like a child. 
    I removed some of my car's sparkplugs so that it won't burn as much gas, but now the stupid thing won't start!  I better post this to TDWTF!



  • @bstorer said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    if you intentionally cripple your browser whining about a degraded experience is moronic and makes you look like a child. 
    I removed some of my car's sparkplugs so that it won't burn as much gas, but now the stupid thing won't start!  I better post this to TDWTF!

    That's nothing!  I removed some of my childrens' organs so they wouldn't cost as much to feed in these dire economic times and... well.... 



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    That's nothing!  I removed some of my childrens' organs so they wouldn't cost as much to feed in these dire economic times and... well.... 

     

    Can I have them, or are you still using them?



  • @Aaron said:

    Can I have them, or are you still using them?
    The organs or the children?



  • I was hoping for a kidney or two, but come to think of it, either option is fine as long as they're sturdy and well-preserved.



  •  I hear child meat is very soft and juicy.



  • @dhromed said:

    I hear child meat is very soft and juicy.

    Spoken like a man who has never had to choke down Broth o' Kidney nor lung-sausage leftovers for weeks on end.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @lolwtf said:

    @Microsoft said:
    Warning: This page requires the use of scripts, which your browser does not currently allow.
    Yep, that's a WTF alright.

    Boohoo.  Seriously, we've been over this many times: if you intentionally cripple your browser whining about a degraded experience is moronic and makes you look like a child. 

     

    Agreed, but the WTF here is that you can clearly see the page rendered just fine (fine enough for reading forum posts) for about 1/2 second before it wipes the screen and displays the error message.

    I intentionally cripple my browser just to see the creative ways in which sites break. Cheap thrills, I know.

     


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.