Hello TDWTF.

• Long-time reader, first time poster.  Just thought I'd say hi.

I live in central Florida and work at a GIS consulting firm that develops applications (usually GIS-oriented) for state and local government.  My primary language is Perl.

Anyway, hello!  That's all really.

• I am seven rabbits, each chewing on a carrot. One of the rabbits has a red bow on its head. It is the leader.

• Red bows?  Equal distribution of carrots?  Someone slap these communist rabbits in cuffs before they contaminate our purity of essence and bodily fluids.

• You will fit in well here.

•  Central Floriday eh?  Where at?  I am in Jacksonville personally, working for a Mortgage Banking company (no, we're not stupid and invest in subprime mortgages!!).

• I live in Oviedo.  We do have a Jacksonville office.

Glad to hear you didn't invest in subprime mortgages.  I don't fully understand that mess, to be honest.  Sounds to me like some people messed up when signing up to home loans, and now the banks are somehow to blame for that.  I found the mortgage process remarkably straightforward when I got mine.  Oh well.

• @amischiefr said:

...we're not stupid and invest in subprime mortgages!!).

I would think investing in subprime mortgages would be proof that you are stupid. 

• I am sentient website devoted to answering techical questions with the same moderation system that made digg and Reddit beacons of quality and intelligence.  I'm like Expert Sexchange, except you don't have to scroll down a few pages to get the answers.  Anyway, I am downvoting you for being off-topic.

• That's acceptable.  Voting is a rather invalid and ridiculous method of compromise anyway.

Congratulations on passing your turing test.  I hear 1 in 10 humans fail it when attemping to communicate online.

• Massively parallel leporidae clusters pass the Turing test more often than humans, too. Also, we breed like goddamned rabbits.

• I'm concerned about the rabbit agenda now.  Where can I sign up to protest these latest advances in hare society?

• @morbiuswilters said:

@amischiefr said:

I would think investing in subprime mortgages would be proof that you are stupid. 

morb, do you really need a tutorial on how to read in english?  I am CLEARLY stating that we did NOT invest in them.  The previous poster understood that, and I would think with your VAST knowledge in EVERYTHING that you would have gotten that!!!  Well, ok maybe not.

• Hi amischiefr -- please just ignore him, he enjoys playing grammar-police now and then, it keeps him busy I guess. 

Frakkle -- welcome! 

• @amischiefr said:

morb, do you really need a tutorial on how to read in english?  I am CLEARLY stating that we did NOT invest in them.

No you aren't.  I think you need a tutorial on how to write in English.  You said "we're not stupid and invest in subprime mortgages;" this is a parallel construction stating that you:

1. are not stupid
    2. invest in subprime mortgages

You probably mean to say "we're not stupid enough to invest in subprime mortgages" or "we're not stupid nor invest in subprime mortgages" (Although you might want to reword the second one to something like "we're not stupid nor do we invest in subprime mortgages."  It's less tortuous that way).

Now should morbius have known what you meant?  Probably.  But you can't really complain when you didn't say what you meant.

• :belt_onion:

@morbiuswilters said:

@amischiefr said:

Maybe we should start using parentheses to clarify this kind of ambigous statements or define operator precedence

we're not ( stupid and invest in subprime mortgages ) !!

• @bjolling said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@amischiefr said:

Maybe we should start using parentheses to clarify this kind of ambigous statements or define operator precedence

we're not ( stupid and invest in subprime mortgages ) !!

I like it!  It was just an operator precendence issue.   Either way, we all knew what he meant so I think we can safely move on...

• :belt_onion:

@Jeff S said:

...so I think we can safely move on...
    ow man, I had already sent a mail to the secretary to get a brand new chart template from the office supplies! :-(

• Adding operator precedence to English?  What is this, Language 2.0?

• @Frakkle said:

Adding operator precedence to English?  What is this, Language 2.0?

Lojban.

• @Jeff S said:

Hi amischiefr -- please just ignore him, he enjoys playing grammar-police now and then, it keeps him busy I guess. 

Frakkle -- welcome! 

Sorry, *slap-self*, forgot to place <sarcasm> tags around the post.  Promise I wasn't trolling lol.  If my english was perfect I would be writing columns at the daily something-or-other instead of programming.  I don't worry when people pick out my grammar errors, just when they pick out my programming ones.