Intersystems Caché -- Gateway to hell

• Stallman doesn't actually buy underwear as such. Every so often when the top layer of clothing starts to wear through, he puts on another layer over it.

• @Ben L. said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    @drurowin said:
    (insert witty place where threads hang around).

Richard Stallman's tattered underwear!

TIL Richard Stallman wears underwear.

Man, I actually re-read this thread and it's been rezzed several times.

• @TDWTF123 said:

Stallman doesn't actually buy underwear as such. Every so often when the top layer of clothing starts to wear through, he puts on another layer over it.

That's exactly how microsoft.com security works! Except it's layers of IIS servers instead of clothes.

• I love this thread. Please keep it going.
    At the beginning of 2010 many enterprise is adding NoSQL to their databases to keep up with the huge amount of data and its unstructured format using Hadoop Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB etc...
    Can we compare those with InterSystems Cache ?
    BigRiver

• Spam. Mods please unbump thread.

• @anonymous234 said:

Spam. Mods please unbump thread.

This thread has a life of its own now. Besides, although that was probably spam, it was such shitty spam that I have no idea what it's trying to sell.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@anonymous234 said:

This thread has a life of its own now. Besides, although that was probably spam, it was such shitty spam that I have no idea what it's trying to sell.

Isn't it obvious? His user name is "BigRiver, his signature is "BigRiver" and the last word of his post is "BigRiver. He's trying to sell Johnny Cash CDs.

• @RTapeLoadingError said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    @anonymous234 said:

Isn't it obvious? His user name is "BigRiver, his signature is "BigRiver" and the last word of his post is "BigRiver. He's trying to sell Johnny Cash CDs.

And what does that mean? I searched for Big River and didn't find anything spam-worthy.

•  @BigRiver said:

I love this thread. Please keep it going. At the beginning of 2010 many enterprise is adding NoSQL to their databases to keep up with the huge amount of data and its unstructured format using Hadoop Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB etc... Can we compare those with InterSystems Cache ? BigRiver

This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes. 

• @morbiuswilters said:

spam-worthy
    Now there's an oxymoron!

Seriously, much of the spam I get has no meaningful content. What's with that? I can understand spam that tries to get me to buy stuff, or send money to some Nigerian scammer, or whatever. It's worthless, but at least it has a purpose. But a lot of it doesn't contain anything other than Markov-chain gibberish or copy-pasted snippets of random text. What's the point of that? Or is it that the spammer is so incompetent that he can't manage to get his real content into the message with the spam-filter-bypassing gibberish?

• @HardwareGeek said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    spam-worthy
    Now there's an oxymoron!

Seriously, much of the spam I get has no meaningful content. What's with that? I can understand spam that tries to get me to buy stuff, or send money to some Nigerian scammer, or whatever. It's worthless, but at least it has a purpose. But a lot of it doesn't contain anything other than Markov-chain gibberish or copy-pasted snippets of random text. What's the point of that? Or is it that the spammer is so incompetent that he can't manage to get his real content into the message with the spam-filter-bypassing gibberish?

Maybe they're trying to clog the spam filter.

• Considered Harmful

@Ben L. said:

@HardwareGeek said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    spam-worthy
    Now there's an oxymoron!

You're not far off.

• @joe.edwards said:

@Ben L. said:
    @HardwareGeek said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    spam-worthy
    Now there's an oxymoron!

You're not far off.
    So it's still (mostly) pointless, assuming you have a sane MTA and MDA.

• @joe.edwards said:

@Ben L. said:
    @HardwareGeek said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    spam-worthy
    Now there's an oxymoron!

You're not far off.

If you filtering doesn't suck then that won't even work.

• I'm looking at taking a job offer for an DBA position at a local hospital that uses Epic which apparently built on Cache...

After reading this, I really hope things have improved enough in the last 7 years to warrant bringing this thread back to life...

• I find it funny that there are now two different Ben Lubars in this thread.

• This post is deleted!