Shitty little web site

• That totally reminds me to an earlier thread. Wait, I can't find the link...

• This is a dupe. Why didn't you search first?

• @bstorer said:

This is a dupe. Why didn't you search first?

I can't find the link 

• Check out the 404 page: [http://home.jspenguin.org:81/404]. So... blame Bill for missing files on Jared's page.

• God, I love contributing to a site where cetain asshats think they know what is appropriate for myself and my peers to read!  It feels so free, like that time I spent in a Taliban Canadian rape hut.

• Damn.  Just when my political campaign was starting to pick up steam...

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    God, I love contributing to a site where cetain asshats think they know what is appropriate for myself and my peers to read!  It feels so free, like that time I spent in a Taliban Canadian rape hut.
    The best part is the complete lack of explanation and the fact that it was not based on the content but rather the OP.
    Yep.  I think I'm retiring.  Please try not to cry too much without me.

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

@morbiuswilters said:

God, I love contributing to a site where cetain asshats think they know what is appropriate for myself and my peers to read!  It feels so free, like that time I spent in a Taliban Canadian rape hut.

The best part is the complete lack of explanation and the fact that it was not based on the content but rather the OP.
    Maybe because the entire OP and thread was blatant trolling / flamebaiting?

I agree that "Micro$oft-bashers" aren't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that thread was not even a "WTF" anecdote, more like a bash-fest. Come on, since when is a "I h8 micro$oft" page sidebar material? In that case, we'd have a crapload of slashdotter blogs / sites posted every day! I'm pretty sure that posting something like that in a decently-moderated BBS would end up with the poster being KO'd at the least, maybe even TWITted. Maybe the web-forums have lower standards?

• @danixdefcon5 said:

I agree that "Micro$oft-bashers" aren't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that thread was not even a "WTF" anecdote, more like a bash-fest. Come on, since when is a "I h8 micro$oft" page sidebar material? In that case, we'd have a crapload of slashdotter blogs / sites posted every day! I'm pretty sure that posting something like that in a decently-moderated BBS would end up with the poster being KO'd at the least, maybe even TWITted. Maybe the web-forums have lower standards?

I agree that it wasn't a very good WTF, although I may be biased as I was the one who found the site a few weeks ago and showed it to everyone.  However, the standards here in regards to WTFs have been pretty low, especially as of late, so I can't exactly say that it was utter crap, relatively speaking.  The guy who made that site is a TDWTF member, so there was probably some flamebaiting going on, but the funny thing is the thread didn't actually devolve into a flamefest.  Most people thought the site was funny but the thread was just thrown down the Memory Hole, which is what I think a lot of people are upset about.  Locking it would have been a more prudent course of action, but I don't think the moderators have been prudent as of late. 

•  man. this place has ummm... changed since the last year. ah nothing stays the same.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@danixdefcon5 said:

I agree that it wasn't a very good WTF, although I may be biased as I was the one who found the site a few weeks ago and showed it to everyone.  However, the standards here in regards to WTFs have been pretty low, especially as of late, so I can't exactly say that it was utter crap, relatively speaking.  The guy who made that site is a TDWTF member, so there was probably some flamebaiting going on, but the funny thing is the thread didn't actually devolve into a flamefest.  Most people thought the site was funny but the thread was just thrown down the Memory Hole, which is what I think a lot of people are upset about.  Locking it would have been a more prudent course of action, but I don't think the moderators have been prudent as of late. 

While I do agree with the fact this is just a flamebait post with very little content or point to it.  I do find myself of the opinion that it's usually better tojust avoid these threads.  Theres not much point in bothering to respond to a one line post.  Which ironically is what I just did!

• @galgorah said:

I do find myself of the opinion that it's usually better tojust avoid these threads.  Theres not much point in bothering to respond to a one line post.  Which ironically is what I just did!
    I see two lines. What the hell kind of resolution are you using, man?

•  @danixdefcon5 said:

@MasterPlanSoftware said:

@morbiuswilters said:

Maybe because the entire OP and thread was blatant trolling / flamebaiting?

I wrote the page while I was pissed at Microsoft -- I was frustrated because I had just spent several hours trying to work. I'm not saying Windows and other MS products are without merit; I'm just letting off steam. The entire page is an exaggeration of my feelings (except for the part about child molestors).

Do you expect a page called "Rants" to discuss issues calmly and rationally?

•  @jspenguin said:

stuff

We stopped caring a month ago.

• @Aaron said:

@jspenguin said:

stuff

We stopped caring a month ago.

September, October, whats the difference?

•  Oops, I didn't notice how old the thread was... I just saw it in my log this morning, and I don't visit the sidebar very often.

• @dtech said:

September, October, whats the difference?

A month?

• @jspenguin said:

I wrote the page while I was pissed at Microsoft -- I was frustrated because I had just spent several hours trying to work. I'm not saying Windows and other MS products are without merit; I'm just letting off steam. The entire page is an exaggeration of my feelings (except for the part about child molestors).

Do you expect a page called "Rants" to discuss issues calmly and rationally?

Heh, I got that idea (and I think it was even discussed eons ago, when this thread came up). I just highlighted that the original thread, created by the erstwhile MPS was basically more of a flamefest than a "WTF" post. All of his posts he made during/after that post were troll posts, flames, and immature tantrums. I found it ironic that he was bashing you for "being immature" while he basically lowered himself to 5-year-old spoiled brat attitudes.

Ok, I know this is a dead thread, but I had to say it. There's no more MPS anyway ;)

• @danixdefcon5 said:

Ok, I know this is a dead thread, but I had to say it. There's no more MPS anyway ;)

You fool!  Invoking His name will bring about our ruin!