Really, what version of Flash player should I be using?



  •  [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/2503/cnnflashqc6.png[/IMG][/URL]
    [URL=http://g.imageshack.us/img49/cnnflashqc6.png/1/][IMG]http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/cnnflashqc6.png/1/w990.png[/IMG][/URL]



  •  The real WTF is someone watches CNN...



  • @Master Chief said:

     The real WTF is someone watches CNN...

     
    What's wrong with watching CNN?


  • Um, because it's an American News Source, and by definition can't be trusted to report any real news.

    Thank god for the BBC!



  •  The answer is "none" of course. "Gnash" or "SWFdec" come in tied for a distant second.



  • You got further than I did. Last time I tried CNN video with Firefox 3 it said I needed Firefox 1.0 or higher. Haven't gone back since.

     

    TRWTF is you're still using Flash 8.



  •  @pattrick said:

    @Master Chief said:

     The real WTF is someone watches CNN...

     
    What's wrong with watching CNN?

    Any news source that requires good ratings to function does not report the news well.



  • @Master Chief said:

    Any news source that requires good ratings to function does not report the news well.

    If a news source reports the news well but nobody watches it, wasn't the venture a waste of money? Seems more likely that high ratings are a consequence of poor reporting.



  • @NullAndVoid said:

    @Master Chief said:
    Any news source that requires good ratings to function does not report the news well.

    If a news source reports the news well but nobody watches it, wasn't the venture a waste of money? Seems more likely that high ratings are a consequence of poor reporting.

    Quiet you!  We don't need your logic here! 



  • @JamesKilton said:

    Um, because it's an American News Source, and by definition can't be trusted to report any real news.

    Thank god for the BBC!

    Considering that almost every Brit I met is egregiously misinformed about damn near everything in the news, I'm going to have to disagree with you.  From my limited experience, BBC doesn't seem that bad, but there must be some explanation for the unbelievable nonsense Europeans believe.  CNN is pretty good, as is the NYTimes and the WSJ.  Fox News gets a way worse rap that it deserves; its opinion shows are pretty skewed, but the actual news seems decently accurate to me.



  •  @morbiuswilters said:

    @JamesKilton said:

    Um, because it's an American News Source, and by definition can't be trusted to report any real news.

    Thank god for the BBC!

    Considering that almost every Brit I met is egregiously misinformed about damn near everything in the news, I'm going to have to disagree with you.  From my limited experience, BBC doesn't seem that bad, but there must be some explanation for the unbelievable nonsense Europeans believe.  CNN is pretty good, as is the NYTimes and the WSJ.  Fox News gets a way worse rap that it deserves; its opinion shows are pretty skewed, but the actual news seems decently accurate to me.

    Considering that almost every US citizen I met didn't show any interest whatsoever in global politics, world religions, geography, nature, the environment in general or history, was totally paranoid (but still egregiously misinformed) about what's going on in the world and living in constant fear (thus carrying a weapon, causing others to live in constant fear...), I'm going to have to disagree with you. Instead I'd suspect you've never considered the fact that you might be the one who's misinformed, believing unbelievable nonsense.

    As you consider yourself so superior, it should be very easy for you to provide examples for some of the nonsense us Europeans believe?



  • I love you



  • Oh god, not again.  Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let's not degenerate yet-a-fucking-gain into another US vs EU squabble.



  • @Zagyg said:

    Oh god, not again.  Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let's not degenerate yet-a-fucking-gain into another US vs EU squabble.

     

    Yes, bring that to the IRC where there are no A.R. mods and it's more fun to insult and spit on mothers graves.



  • @tdittmar said:

    Considering that almost every US citizen I met didn't show any interest whatsoever in global politics, world religions, geography, nature, the environment in general or history...

    I don't think you've met a very representative sample of Americans, but then again the stupid ones tend to become expats in Europe, so maybe it skews your view.  Besides, global politics is just morons blowing each other up, usually over world religions which are just boring bullshit.  Geography doesn't even seem like something most people need to be interested in.  Nature is disgusting and not much fun, although it can be beautiful from a safe distance, inside a climate-controlled building.  History also tends to be pretty annoying, full of stupid people killing each other for stupid, pointless reasons.  I don't blame people for not giving a shit.

     

    @tdittmar said:

    was totally paranoid (but still egregiously misinformed) about what's going on in the world and living in constant fear

    I've never really seen this.  Most Americans don't really care what is going on in the rest of the world if it doesn't affect them.  Why should they?  And they definitely aren't scared or paranoid in my experience, since they are pretty safe.

     

    @tdittmar said:

    (thus carrying a weapon, causing others to live in constant fear...)

    Self-defense makes you afraid?  Sounds like a psychological illness on your part.

     

    @tdittmar said:

    Instead I'd suspect you've never considered the fact that you might be the one who's misinformed, believing unbelievable nonsense.

    I have considered it and dismissed it as incorrect.  I contend that I am very much more well-informed than you.

     

    @tdittmar said:

    As you consider yourself so superior, it should be very easy for you to provide examples for some of the nonsense us Europeans believe?

    Socialism as a viable economic system.  Fear of self-defense.  Belief that free speech doesn't really mean free speech.  Belief that there is such a thing as "international law".  Constant whining about American military actions while benefitting from that same military.  Love of absurd technologies like solar and wind power.  A religious belief in global warming.  The list goes on and on.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    A religious belief in global warming.
     

    Isn't Al Gore an American?



  • @bjolling said:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    A religious belief in global warming.
     

    Isn't Al Gore an American?

    I believe the beard he grew after the 2000 election was a tacit admission of his membership in Al-Qaeda. 



  • @Zagyg said:

    Oh god, not again.  Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let's not degenerate yet-a-fucking-gain into another US vs EU squabble.

     

    I agree.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.