Lloyds is WTF

• Have a dissatisfied customer?

[i]How do you win them back?[/i]

Here's one failed attempt: Locking them out of their account by changing their password without notifying them (because you didn't like the one they chose...)

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/hereford/worcs/7585098.stm[/url]

• Of course, the real WTF is that, apparently, the passwords were being stored in the clear.

• @Howitzer said:

Of course, the real WTF is that, apparently, the passwords were being stored in the clear.

Yes, as the input method is voice. It's a banking telephone password.

• @BlueKnot said:

Locking them out of their account by changing their password without notifying them (because you didn't like the one they chose...)
    You left out the best part: the customer took it in stride and thought it was funny... but they've refused to change it back for him.

•  

Mr Jetley said he was still trying to find a suitable password which met the conditions.

TRWTF is that Mr. Jetley's bank password still appears to be "no it's not".  Who wants free money?

• TRWTF is that the British use "pants" as a term of disparagement. Do they not know about "ass"?

•  The real wtf is that the Americans use "pants" to mean trousers and not underwear, and use "ass" to mean "arse"

• So... the customer was being a dick and changed the password to something offensive to the company, and got pissed when they changed it to something not offensive.  What a fucktard.

The old saying about customers is 100% wrong.

• @ObiWayneKenobi said:

So... the customer was being a dick and changed the password to something offensive to the company, and got pissed when they changed it to something not offensive.  What a fucktard.

Well...[list][]It was only 'mildly' offensive. You could substitute the word 'Useless' for 'pants'.[]The bank employee took it upon themselves to 'defend Lloyds' honor!' -- it was not bank policy to police the content of customers' passwords.[]The employee changed it and did not notify the customer of the change. He discovered it when he was unable to access his account.[]The customer had a pretty good sense of humor about it, but was getting more and more irate (choice of 'censorship'); the bank employee was getting farther and farther off track ('under 6 letters' -- for a voice PW? And 'no it isn't' is 11) ... customer still ended the call in good humor though.[/list]All in all I can only conclude that, yes, Lloyds probably [i]is[/i] pants.

@ObiWayneKenobi said:

The old saying about customers is 100% wrong.

On that we can agree. ;)

• @Thief^ said:

The real wtf is that the Americans use "pants" to mean trousers and not underwear, and use "ass" to mean "arse"

We also brush our teeth and avoid eating foods named "Spotted Dick".  We so crazay!  

• @morbiuswilters said:

We also brush our teeth and avoid eating foods named "Spotted Dick".  We so crazay!  

I'll have you know I also brush my teeth (I've never heard any stereotypes about the British not doing so? WTF are you on about with this one?) and avoid eating foods named "spotted dick" (in fact I'm not even sure exactly what it is, other than an old english food).

• @Thief^ said:

I've never heard any stereotypes about the British not doing so? WTF are you on about with this one?

You've never heard the stereotype that all British people have teeth rotting out of their head?   Please do a Google Image Search for "Big Book of British Smiles".

@Thief^ said:

..."spotted dick" (in fact I'm not even sure exactly what it is, other than an old english food).

It's a type of pudding that you people eat. 

• Ha, maybe I'm extra tired or something, but the way you replied is making me giggle