Mods on the warpath

• If I could have a dime for every time I said "goddamn mods deleted that post!  It was brilliant!" I'd be a rich man.

Examples: 

morbius' post about Planned Parenthood.

Anything that remotely mentions herpes.

Any post that responds to a post that mentions herpes, even if the response has nothing to do with herpes.

Many of you may not have noticed that the "Could you explain programming please" thread was resurrected over the weekend.  That's because I responded to the resurrection and BOTH posts were deleted.  The rez post was by a one post newbie.  You heard that right.  The mods deemed it necessary to delete the SINGULAR post by a new member.  Didn't Alex say something about being nice to new members?

Furthermore, more than half of the posts deleted were just outright deleted.   No note saying why they were deleted or message sent to the poster.

This is piss poor moderation.  Discuss.

PS I know we've already had multiple threads regarding this, but those were about their respective OPs beefs with particular mods.  I am choosing not to call a particular mod out.  I just want these actions explained and/or corrected.

• Sure, let's take a look:

@belgariontheking said:

morbius' post about Planned Parenthood.

Clearly off topic troll, that was an easy call.

@belgariontheking said:

Anything that remotely mentions herpes.

Again, the same.

[quote user="belgariontheking"]Any post that responds to a post that mentions herpes, even if the response has nothing to do with herpes. [/quote]

Responses to troll posts, or off-topic flames, and so on are deleted with the parent post.  Not sure if the reason giving when deleting the parent, or the notification, goes to child posts that are deleted. If they don't, sorry; just don't respond to trolls/flames and you'll never need to worry about it!

@belgariontheking said:

Many of you may not have noticed that the "Could you explain programming please" thread was resurrected over the weekend.  That's because I responded to the resurrection and BOTH posts were deleted.  The rez post was by a one post newbie.  You heard that right.  The mods deemed it necessary to delete the SINGULAR post by a new member.  Didn't Alex say something about being nice to new members?

That doesn't show up in the deleted posts section for some reason.  Not sure what happened there; maybe the member deleted his own post when the resurrection was helpfully (and I'm sure politely) pointed out?  Honestly, not sure, maybe Alex has an idea.

UPDATE:  Was the css-faq post in that thread?  I believe so, it has your reponse attached to it (I one-sentence "when will the necro end?" post, or something like that) You know, the off-topic SPAM that was reported by morbius, who (once again and as usual) asked if he could be a mod so that he could start deleting posts himself?   Yeah, how awful of us to listen to morbius and delete a SPAM post from a first-time user, which unfortunately also deleted your valuable "it's another necro!" contribution.

As I mentioned to you already, you yourself reported a post to me and recommended it to be moved or deleted. So, here we go again: It is OK when we complain about others and recommend that other posts get modded somehow, but when it comes to your posts, those mean nazi-moderators are picking on you and being so awful and unfair!   How horrible for you ...

(By the way -- from your tag you are accusing a particular Mod.  I assume it's me.  If that is the case, feel free to a) say it like a man and b) PM me to clear the air.  that's what grown-ups do.  If that doesn't satisfy you, then you can kick and scream bloody murder and start yet another "moderators are mean to me!" thread.

Being the fascist, unfunny, mean, cruel, nazi-moderator-troll that I am, this thread is locked, just as Alex and others locked the others.   Like I said, feel free to PM a particular moderator or Alex directly if you have any issues.

In the meantime, though, I'd like to apologize for deleting SPAM and off-topic troll and flame posts.   It is indeed piss-poor moderating that you are all forced to suffer through.

Thanks!

- Jeff, the super-mean Moderator

•  I can explain why I deleted the newbie "Could you explain programming please" ressurection post.

Three users independendly reported it as spam.

Spammers are always newbies, because they get banned quickly.

New honest users are obviously welcome, spammers are not.