Screen Readers and 64-bit windows

• Riiight.

I dunno why I'm posting here, as it's hardly on-topic, but a lot of people with a lot of different backgrounds post here, so I have a question.

My fiancée is blind. She's computer-literate to a surprising degree, while she's not a programmer she is a relatively advanced user of computers and the features and "useful stuffs" thereof, healthily scheptical of spam and virus tactics, so all in all I'm proud of her. She just bought a new computer (we live a bit apart so i can't really BE THERE to help her right now) and she ran into a problem. Appearantly her screen reader doesn't work on 64-bit windows, which came with the computer.

Now. One obvious "solution" is to install a 32-bit windows, but that's hardly satisfying, now is it?

So. Does anyone know a GOOD screenreader that runs under 64-bit windows? And how much would one have to pay for such a program?

•  Since you didn't mention it, I presume you're not aware of the one that ships as part of Vista (Windows Narrator)? 

• Your assumption is entirely correct... I was, in fact, NOT aware of such.

I'll have a look at it, I guess. I don't personally need one, and in fact I seem incapable of using the computer once one of these has taken over it, so...

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.