One ("Olympics Rings"), Please!

• Friend of mine.... http://rhog.blogspot.com/2008/08/olympic-fail.html

•  The cake is a lie.

• I'm thinking:
    1. Person calls bakery, orders cake with Olympic rings
    2. Bakery employee #1 writes up the order, attempts to draw the logo on invoice, fails, notates it with ("Olympic Rings") as a reminder to look it up later
    3. Bakery employee #2 goes to decorate cake, ignores the ring-like scribbles and decorates it with the text

TRWTF is that the person accepted the cake in that state. (Okay, I know, company picnic, probably picked up on the day of and it was either that or nothing. I hope they at least got a discount.)

• Chances are the rings lopgo is copywirtten and the store would not be allowed to reproduce them. Perhaps it's part of the IP protection policy of the bakery.

• @Bert said:

Chances are the rings lopgo is copywirtten and the store would not be allowed to reproduce them. Perhaps it's part of the IP protection policy of the bakery.

You're not wrong. However, they are still going to offend the precious snowflakes at the Olympic Movement:

@Wikipedia said:

wp:Olympic_symbols#Criticism: The Olympic Movement is very protective of its symbols; among other things, it claims an exclusive copyright on any arrangement of five rings, irrespective of alignment, color or lack thereof, as well as to any use of the word Olympic.

• @baeksu said:

The Olympic Movement is very protective of its symbols; among other things, it claims an exclusive copyright on any arrangement of five rings, irrespective of alignment, color or lack thereof, as well as to any use of the word Olympic.

Wait, so reverting to plain text and misspelling the forbidden word as Olynpic is actually the legally required response to the cake order?  WTF! 

•  I'd like to think they were using some new automated cake-decorator, but damn that handwriting is awful.

•  When people post images in forums that are hosted on the common image-sharing sites, then my work's content filter usually blocks them and usually I just end up with the contents of the alt tag instead. 

Perhaps they put in the order via email with a HTML image tag, but the reader of the email only got the alt text?

• @ActionMan said:

When people post images in forums that are hosted on the common image-sharing sites, then my work's content filter usually blocks them and usually I just end up with the contents of the alt tag instead. 

Perhaps they put in the order via email with a HTML image tag, but the reader of the email only got the alt text?

Maybe.. but still, what a dumbass...

I'm inclined to think that only two thing could have happened:

1. - Language-communication handicapp: (Non English speaker, "functional analphabet", autistic employees) 

2. - Employee was high... really high... Think about it.. how fun would doing shit like that be, if you were high?

I'm going for number two.. 

• @fatdog said:

2. - Employee was high... really high... Think about it.. how fun would doing shit like that be, if you were high?

I'm going for number two.. 

I find your premise reasonable, but I disagree with your conclusion.  If you were in that position yourself, can you imagine a cake ever making it to a customer in its entirety? 

• @morbiuswilters said:

I find your premise reasonable, but I disagree with your conclusion.  If you were in that position yourself, can you imagine a cake ever making it to a customer in its entirety? 

Dude, I find your disagreement reasonable but I disagree with your disagreement. 

Do you know how many cakes they might bake there any given day? Do you know how many cakes, never even made out of the kitchen? Do you know how many cake dough never even made it into the oven?.  

• @fatdog said:

Do you know how many cakes they might bake there any given day? Do you know how many cakes, never even made out of the kitchen? Do you know how many cake dough never even made it into the oven?

Which is kind of my point.  Now, if the cake had Doritos baked into the middle of it, it would be plausible that it was a special cake that accidently made it out into the wild.  If you've ever ordered pizza from a place where the chef is stoned (which is all pizza places, really) then you know what I am talking about. 

• Hope this hasn't appeared here already in a different thread, and not to throw just random cake WTFs into the sidebar but this actually includes an IT twist:

Its probably for the best it didn't include a stack trace, or the whole thingcould have thrown a rather sticky icing overflow error 

• @BeenThere said:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/06/proof-that-computers-will-never-rule.html

TRWTF is that it is 1.5 years old. 

• @morbiuswilters said:

TRWTF is that it is 1.5 years old. 

Ah, from the URL I thought it was only a few months old - I must have missed it during that 1.6 year bender. 

• @Bert said:

Chances are the rings lopgo is copywirtten and the store would not be allowed to reproduce them. Perhaps it's part of the IP protection policy of the bakery.
    I remember the Mexican Olympic Comittee being told to cease and desist from organizing some sports events that were named "Olympic X" and such. Wonder what happened with the "Math Olympics" from high school, as well.

• @BeenThere said:

Hope this hasn't appeared here already in a different thread, <...>

Ha!

[url]http://forums.thedailywtf.com/forums/p/9452/174774.aspx[/url]

• @Spectre said:

Filed under: duplication prevention bot

You are the worst duplication prevention bot ever.  Pointing out the duplication after it has already happened is worthless! 

• @morbiuswilters said:

You are the worst duplication prevention bot ever.

I'm the only one.

@morbiuswilters said:

Pointing out the duplication after it has already happened is worthless! 

Bah! You just don't see the duplications I've succeeded to prevent. There're orders of magnitude more of them!