XMLSpy Spellcheck

• Ack, the XMLSpy Spellcheck function doesn't have "xml" in the dictionary.  Just a mini WTF.

• Haha nice!! Do they have "WTF" in their list?

I've always thought it was funny that MS Word would give me spelling errors on words where the first letter is capitalized. Do they actually think they will have a comprehensive list of every proper name in the world? It's a simple fix, just check if the first letter is capitalized and it's the first word of the sentence, then assume it's a name that isn't in the dictionary.

Don't even get me started on the grammar check...

• @Manni said:

I've always thought it was funny that MS Word would give me spelling errors on words where the first letter is capitalized. Do they actually think they will have a comprehensive list of every proper name in the world?

Uhm... Then it would miss every time you misspell a common non-name word at the start of the sentence. Eventually either your eyes will get used to seeing all proper names red-underlined in Word, or you will simply train its custom dictionary with all the names you use.

To ignore an unlisted word simply because it is capitalized would be the wrong behavior, IMHO.

• @Brendan Kidwell said:

@Manni said:

I've always thought it was funny that MS Word would give me spelling errors on words where the first letter is capitalized. Do they actually think they will have a comprehensive list of every proper name in the world?

Uhm... Then it would miss every time you misspell a common non-name word at the start of the sentence. Eventually either your eyes will get used to seeing all proper names red-underlined in Word, or you will simply train its custom dictionary with all the names you use.

To ignore an unlisted word simply because it is capitalized would be the wrong behavior, IMHO.

Indeed. The true WTF speaks for itself.