Streetlight escape!

• They really should chain them up...

From news.com.au:

Motorists dodge stray light pole after roadworks blunder

"DRIVERS in Mandurah will spend the next few weeks looking out for more than other cars after a council blunder left a light pole in the path of traffic."

•  There is a LOLCATS forum just for this kind of stuff.

• @morbiuswilters said:

There is a LOLCATS forum just for this kind of stuff.

What in the world is wrong with the flood of people who truly don't understand what the sidebar is for?

•  Trust the Southerners...

• @Becky said:

Trust the Southerners...

Hey!

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

What in the world is wrong with the flood of people who truly don't understand what the sidebar is for?

To be fair, considering that the primary way of getting to the sidebar forum is... the sidebar on the front page, and that there's virtually no UI cue that we've suddenly moved into a completely different realm (forum), it's really not that obvious that there are other forums available.

• @Sunstorm said:

it's really not that obvious that there are other forums available.

That doesn't mean people should post whatever they come across here though.

• I'm tempted to say we need a "Funny Stuff" sidebar on the main page, or maybe "Other Forums" (yes, I know "Forums" is on the top -- I mean explicitly linking to each one).  Not because we really *need* it, but to make it more obvious that they exist.

On the other hand, that might just increase the noise by drawing attention to them.

• @cconroy said:

On the other hand, that might just increase the noise by drawing attention to them.

Exactly.  I for one do not want this becoming some kind of obnoxious image board for lame crap, but it appears the direction things are headed.  Still, if morons are going to post garbage then at least we should make them hunt for the forum.  We need a mod to be dilligent in moving these threads to the Funny Stuff Forum. 

• @morbiuswilters said:

I for one do not want this becoming some kind of obnoxious image board for lame crap, but it appears the direction things are headed.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@cconroy said:

Exactly.  I for one do not want this becoming some kind of obnoxious image board for lame crap, but it appears the direction things are headed.  Still, if morons are going to post garbage then at least we should make them hunt for the forum.  We need a mod to be dilligent in moving these threads to the Funny Stuff Forum. 

Thank god we have you to act as an armchair moderator until the actual mods pick up the slack.

I don't know what we'd do without you.

• @merreborn said:

Thank god we have you to act as an armchair moderator until the actual mods pick up the slack.

Agreed.  I don't know what you people would do without me, but it would probably involve Crisco, PVC pipe, guinea pigs and a copy of Tender is the Night.

@merreborn said:

I don't know what we'd do without you.

I just told you. 

• @morbiuswilters said:

We need a mod to be dilligent in moving these threads to the Funny Stuff Forum. 

This case ("streetlight escape") is a "WTF" and not a "Funny Stuff" to me, since this street lamp is the result of stupidy (bad planing at least), indisputably dangerous and surely not intentionally funny.