Chickenshit Management

• Ever faced chicken shit management? You know, the type that fears signing anything, even for an approval to attain a LAN line.
    They'd ask dumb questions like, why do you need it for? You already have internet at home and in the office we work.

I once worked in a bank's IT dept where they delivered a server to our office, except the delivery man didn't put it up properly so it blocked the way in. So I voluntered my self and a buddy of mine to move it aside. Before I could even touch the server the departmental manager screamed at us for actually suggesting it.

Never mind that folks had to move sideways just to get into the office and there's an even bigger risk that people might trip and tip the box. His answer was a simple, "You know much that cost, and how I WILL be in trouble if anything happens to the server".

So the machine stayed there for 2 days until the movers came back and pushed it 5 feet to a corner. Till this day, he still falls in my book as the most cowardly manager ever.

•  A few weeks ago somebody here ordered a 28" LCD monitor to replace 3 individual screens to display system monitoring info on. It wasn't expensive. The FD walked in and had a fit and told them to get it out of there before the CEO saw it.

So now it sits, unused, in a cupboard.

• @valerion said:

You should help out with this. You should take it home to make sure the CEO doesn't see it. And if you don't want people to see you carry it out, stick out under your t-shirt like the guy in the IT Crowd.

• hey i'd second that!

• If I was going to spam the forum with double posts from my blog, I would at least make sure they were somehow funny or at least 'WTFs'. At the very least I would make sure they didn't look like they were written by a retarded, blind 5 year old.

• @DOA said:

@valerion said:

You should help out with this. You should take it home to make sure the CEO doesn't see it. And if you don't want people to see you carry it out, stick out under your t-shirt like the guy in the IT Crowd.

The head of IT has already planned to "help" the rest of the team by moving it to his office - in another buliding...

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

If I was going to spam the forum with double posts from my blog, I would at least make sure they were somehow funny or at least 'WTFs'. At the very least I would make sure they didn't look like they were written by a retarded, blind 5 year old.
    Congrats.  This post was the one that drove me to dig up, install, and configure TDWTF Sanitiser.  I look forward to never seeing your useless trolling again.

• @merreborn said:

Congrats.  This post was the one that drove me to dig up, install, and configure TDWTF Sanitiser.  I look forward to never seeing your useless trolling again.

Oh noes! This will really hurt me, as opposed to hurting the community!

Do us all a favor, filter what you read as much as you want, but don't post here anymore when you know you will not understand most threads.

Although, at least now you will have an excuse for low quality posts that exhibit a fascinating level of cluelessness.

<trolling>
    I wonder how many people need to tell you off before you get the hint.

• @DOA said:

I wonder how many people need to tell you that you are the only one posting off topic and derailing threads (therefore trolling) before you get the hint.

• @DOA said:

@MasterPlanSoftware said:

<trolling>

Who was it that didn't get the hint about PHP being a templating language?

@merreborn said:

Oh noes! This will really hurt me, as opposed to hurting the community!

Do us all a favor, filter what you read as much as you want, but don't post here anymore when you know you will not understand most threads.

Although, at least now you will have an excuse for low quality posts that exhibit a fascinating level of cluelessness.

Yes stupid troll GTFO!!! I am going to ignore you and your troll-friend, morbiuswhatever too!

•  ................................ thread locked ................................