New to MySQL

• @EX PLO SHUN said:

@alehx said:
    Everything works well now. The only thing is my router has lists of programs instead of actual inputs so I'm not sure what kind of server MySQL would be considered. (FTP, Web, etc. are all listed types of servers). I wish I could just type it in there. 
    Unfortunately, your router is probably of the "the user is too stupid to do this" type, so it might not actually let you do the port forwarding on your own.
    There is always an advanced 1337 h4x0r mode somewhere in these routers. My 2Wire does, though the portmapping is made by selecting "devices" and mapping "applications" (which are basically port forwarding rules.)

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

Encryption/decryption was always a part of the framework, so no new 'feature' was added.

really, then how would you encryp/decrypt connection string in ASP.NET 1.0 without writing extra code ?

• @Nelle said:

really, then how would you encryp/decrypt connection string in ASP.NET 1.0 without writing extra code ?

Really, let it go, stop resurrecting a thread to talk about something you looked like an ass about days ago.

Do you really think it is hard to run a connectionstring manually through an md5 function?

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

@Nelle said:

Do you really think it is hard to run a connectionstring manually through an md5 function?

Ok, so you have it MD5 encrypted. Now for the harder part: decryption...?