A funny typo...

• While debugging my coworker's code in order to fix spell checking I stumbled upon this method:

private void highlightMisspeledWords()
            {

what an irony.

•  Intentional?

• I think it's a fundamental law of the universe (the Law of Irony?), that whenever someone is talking about spelling / grammar they will make an error with spelling or grammar.

Particularly when you are correcting someone else, although I suppose it still applies in this kind of situation.

• @PhillS said:

I think it's a fundamental law of the universe (the Law of Irony?), that whenever someone is talking about spelling / grammar they will make an error with spelling or grammar.

Particularly when you are correcting someone else, although I suppose it still applies in this kind of situation.

I believe it's enshrined in the ISO standard for internet flaming.

• @valerion said:

Intentional?

It has to be. It's too great to be an accident. 

•  Every time I am obnoxious enough to correct misspelings, I always intentionally misspell 'misspell'. I don't know why. Maybe to not seem such a jerk ;)

So I would say this was intentional.

• Also http://www.itwriting.com/phorum/read.php?3,1775,1990,quote=1 

"My stretegy as follows, I send browser text to a Spell Checking Engin. raises MissSpelledFound event..."

I personally prefer Miss Wet T-Shirt.. guess Zeeshan Shakeel begs to differ.

•  I think the recommended method is to make a spelling mistake when correcting grammar (a good one is to misspell it "grammer"), and a grammatical mistake when correcting spelling.

Then the cycle can continue :)

• Re: A funny forum...

...exists for this sort of thing.