X-BIT closing



  • The X-Bit BBS will be closing its doors.

    X-Bit BBS members: its been my great honor to offer you The X-Bit BBS. I can't even begin to explain how much enjoyment its brought me over the years building her for you.

    In 1993 I created my first BBS named '32-Bit BBS'. It was a popular 1-node system in Oregon running Spitfire BBS software. I shut it down in 1997 like most sysops due to internet popularity. In 2001 I was cleaning up my office when I ran across all my old BBS door game registrations.. BRE, LORD, Ext 🙂 so I gave a quick internet lookup to see if there was any window or linux based BBS software available abd it didn't take long to find Synchronet software. The X-BIT BBS was born!

    Close to 400,000 log-in later, I feel it's time to move on (for now). Thank you, the callers, so much for making X-Bit you home. Soon after X-Bit hit's 400,000 logon's we will close.

    Your sysop, Rob [e-mail address omitted]

    Hay! I paid for this! Now it is nearly gone and now what am I supposed to do?



  • @zzo38 said:

    Now it is nearly gone and now what am I supposed to do?
     

    Why would you be asking here?



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @zzo38 said:

    Now it is nearly gone and now what am I supposed to do?
     

    Why would you be asking here?

    Because I asked everywhere else (including on X-BIT) and they don't reply.


  • @zzo38 said:

    Because I asked everywhere else (including on X-BIT) and they don't reply.
     

    Again, what does this forum have to do with your BBS closing? 



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    Why would you be asking here?
     

    Agreed. Dunno what's going on with the General Board of late, but it seems to have become a dumping ground for zzo38's ramblings and random spam.




  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @zzo38 said:

    Because I asked everywhere else (including on X-BIT) and they don't reply.
     

    Again, what does this forum have to do with your BBS closing? 

    Nothing. However, I don't own this BBS. I am just asking about it and I want some people to know that, because I don't like that the X-BIT BBS is almost gone, especially if I paid for it, please!


  • It is a sad time when things disappear that have so supported us in our lives. But this is the way of life and the universe, and nothing can be done. It is 42.



  • @zzo38 said:

    I am just asking about it and I want some people to know that
     

    Again, this forum has nothing to do with that BBS. I know it is hard for you to seperate this in that cloudy, mushy brain of yours, but no one here cares, nor can they help you.



  • Which forum, which isn't closed, does have something to do with that BBS?



  • @zzo38 said:

    Which forum, which isn't closed, does have something to do with that BBS?
    Damn it all! That little deli down the street from my office closed. I'm going to go post about it on the Dev Shed forums, sure they have absolutely nothing to do with it, but where else can I post it? Sounds logical to me.



  • @zzo38 said:

    Which forum, which isn't closed, does have something to do with that BBS?
     

    You can't be so stupid that you can't get the point here. Can you? No, nobody could be that dumb and manage to feed themselves enough to live. Could they? 



  • @KenW said:

    @zzo38 said:

    Which forum, which isn't closed, does have something to do with that BBS?
     

    You can't be so stupid that you can't get the point here. Can you? No, nobody could be that dumb and manage to feed themselves enough to live. Could they? 

    The real problem is misunderstanding between people like me and people like everyone else. I can't write very clearly enough to be understood



  • @zzo38 said:

    The real problem is misunderstanding between people like me and people like everyone else. I can't write very clearly enough to be understood
    Then perhaps you should stop trying.



  • @zzo38 said:

    I can't write very clearly enough to be understood
     

    As we have pointed out on numerous occasions, this is because you are an idiot.



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @zzo38 said:

    I can't write very clearly enough to be understood
     

    As we have pointed out on numerous occasions, this is because you are an idiot.

    No, I am not a idiot. I am a very intelligent. But, I have absolutely no common sense whatsoever. And that makes me a bit like a idiot. Even smart people are idiot sometimes!



  • @zzo38 said:

    Even smart people are idiot sometimes!

    Not sure how that would be possible... but you are not a smart person. You are an idiot.



  •  Thread locked. Obviously it will not bring back X-Bit BBS, so it's as useless as it could be.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.