$33.50 for two ounces of water



  • Quoted from the Washington Post:

    Desalinated seawater from Hawaii, meanwhile, is being sold as "concentrated water" -- at $33.50 for a two-ounce bottle. Like any concentrated beverage, it is supposed to be diluted before drinking, except that in this case, that means adding water to . . . water.

    How stupid can people get?



  • CapitalT@CapitalT:~$ locate faith_in_humanity

    /home/CapitalT/.Trash/faith_in_humanity



  • Just wait for the next product ... dehydrated water. ;)

    Anyway, I find it so funny that there seems to be a large market of bottled water in the US ... last time I checked, tap water quality over there is actually decent; yet there are zillions of sales in bottled water and water purifier filters. So I'm not really surprised by seeing people buying "concentrated water" ... heh!

    Wait. I just read the article. It is in fact what they are talking about!



  •  In Washington our tap water is just fine, but when I visited Anihime in CA the tap watter was terrible. I would rather pay for bottled watter in CA then drink the tap there. I don't know if this is true for any other state though.



  • @NorseLaQuet said:

     In Washington our tap water is just fine, but when I visited Anihime in CA the tap watter was terrible. I would rather pay for bottled watter in CA then drink the tap there. I don't know if this is true for any other state though.

     

    Did you even read the OP? How does this have anything to do with undrinkable tap water or bottled water?



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @NorseLaQuet said:

     In Washington our tap water is just fine, but when I visited Anihime in CA the tap watter was terrible. I would rather pay for bottled watter in CA then drink the tap there. I don't know if this is true for any other state though.

     

    Did you even read the OP? How does this have anything to do with undrinkable tap water or bottled water?

    I did, and I said that because sometimes bottled watter is a good thing, and not a waste of money like the artical is saying. Although these companies have gone over the top, bottled watter still has its place.

    Do you ever think about why people say what they say before you proceed to make comments like you do?



  • @NorseLaQuet said:

    Do you ever think about why people say what they say before you proceed to make comments like you do?
     

    Yes, I do. And your post had absolutely no relevance to the OP.

    I really suggest you learn to read. 



  • @danixdefcon5 said:

    Anyway, I find it so funny that there seems to be a large market of bottled water in the US ... last time I checked, tap water quality over there is actually decent; yet there are zillions of sales in bottled water and water purifier filters.

     

    I suggest likewise, MasterPlanSoftware.



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @NorseLaQuet said:

    Do you ever think about why people say what they say before you proceed to make comments like you do?
     

    Yes, I do. And your post had absolutely no relevance to the OP.

    I really suggest you learn to read. 

     

    Maybe he was responding to the post IMMEDIATELY BEFORE HIS that brought up the topic of bottled water



  • @campkev said:

    Maybe he was responding to the post IMMEDIATELY BEFORE HIS that brought up the topic of bottled water
     

    If he was, he could have quoted that post. 

    Also, he specifically answered me and told us all that he was replying to the OP.

     

    So perhaps you should also learn to read?



  • @MasterPlanSoftware said:

    @campkev said:

    Maybe he was responding to the post IMMEDIATELY BEFORE HIS that brought up the topic of bottled water
     

    If he was, he could have quoted that post. 

    Also, he specifically answered me and told us all that he was replying to the OP.

     

    So perhaps you should also learn to read?

    If you read the article that the OP posted then you would see that 2/3rds of it was about the bottled water industry as a whole.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.