The news. It does not get old.

• I had this headline in Gmail for a few days now. I've never bothered to look at it much, except today:

Several WTF's.

1) Why is Microsoft fixing Vista bugs an article?

2) Why is it a featured article?

3) Why is it still a featured article after four days?

(Anyone got more stuff to pitch in?)

• @vperetokin said:

(Anyone got more stuff to pitch in?)

i can pitch in a mug

• @Nelle said:

i can pitch in a mug

Hey, it's news in Canada! 

• The news articles are chosen algorithmically based on the contents of your inbox, just like the advertisements.  Using my Advanced Google Algorithm Reversing Algorithm, I have determine the contents of you inbox..  it appears to be a few eBay notifications, a shipment tracking email from Amazon and several hundred daily digest emails from alt.sex.beastiality.donkey.

• @morbiuswilters said:

and several hundred daily digest emails from alt.sex.beastiality.donkey.

Hence the news articles about Vista.

Sorry, couldn't help it! 

• @morbiuswilters said:

The news articles are chosen algorithmically based on the contents of your inbox, just like the advertisements.  Using my Advanced Google Algorithm Reversing Algorithm, I have determine the contents of you inbox..  it appears to be a few eBay notifications, a shipment tracking email from Amazon and several hundred daily digest emails from alt.sex.beastiality.donkey.

Going of that, I get links to other sites about gopher and such since I am subscribed to a mailing list about the old gopher protocol.

• @DaEagle said:

Sorry, couldn't help it! 

Good to see that you Advanced Google Algorithm Reversing Algorithm Reversing Algorithm is working.

•  Never bought anything in ebay (although I'm a frequent paypal user), amazon either, and uh... no. Just no. Why would Vista even come up for that? O.O

• @DaEagle said:

Sorry, couldn't help it! 

I think the humour was in morbiuswilters subtlety... do you think you're the only person who could make that mental leap? [think about what I just asked] just in case you were going to answer: No, you're not. (see, it takes all the fun away when someone else does the thinking for you)

• Eh, so what?  Sounds like a really important article to me.

• @bobday said:

I think the humour was in morbiuswilters subtlety... do you think you're the only person who could make that mental leap? [think about what I just asked] just in case you were going to answer: No, you're not. (see, it takes all the fun away when someone else does the thinking for you)

My apologies for being captain obvious here. I just thought I'd point it out to those incapable of making the connection (and judging by some of the posts on here, there are a few of them). Again, I do apologise for insulting your intelligence and the intelligence of others reading this forum. I'll return to participating in the Dora the Explorer forums. It may be more appropriate for my intelligence level.